• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

CES

Fino

Alex
V.I.P Member
I made a thread previously about being morbidly depressed and having a strange and awful pain that felt as if it were in my brain. It lasted two months, until I tried CES--cranial electrotherapy stimulation. It returned me to my normal self within two days. It's a small device you can buy, and it's painless and simple. I'm so grateful to not have to take an antidepressant. Here are some examples of the device:

I used to take high doses of nine medications, and now I take low doses of three!

They work very well from what I've heard.
My therapist even uses them on her children.
There is also one you can have therapy with called NeuroStar.
Insurance usually covers it. Mental health facilities have it.

Sounds a little like the devices mentioned in this recent RadioLab podcast.

Some people are claiming to see some pretty incredible results with these devices, but none of the studies have been very large - we're talking a few dozen people at most.

Other people have had some very damaging side effects from them.

If you use one, I would recommend starting at the lowest possible voltage and then ramping up slowly and carefully.

Last edited:
Any double blind studies on that?

There's this article, that summarizes the studies done so far:
A Critical Review of Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation for Neuromodulation in Clinical and Non-clinical Samples

It appears that there have only been 4 studies for CES as a sleep aid, involving a total of 126 people. In general, the article concludes that there are not enough high-quality studies to make a determination of its effectiveness.

It also notes side effects experienced by some of the patients during the various studies, including vertigo, skin irritation, dizziness, and headaches.

New Threads

Top Bottom