• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

centre for the study of autism and christian community

Alexej

V.I.P Member
Centre for the Study of Autism and Christian Community | The School of Divinity, History and Philosophy | The University of Aberdeen

I have not come across many places where the autism and faith are discussed.
This one seems to be good and relevant.

From their website
The Centre is intended to host research that will help to foster positive Christian understandings of autism, drawing on scripture and theological traditions, and sometimes challenging the misuse of these. In the first instance, this is intended to help churches to respond well to the pastoral reality of autism. Beyond this, however, it is intended to facilitate the sharing of such experiences with other communities of faith, associated with other religions and traditions, and with the medical world itself, as its own engagement with persons of faith develops.

This is something needed tremendously, last night for two hours I sat alone with my Bible study leader and we spoke about the problems I face through an autistic lense. He didn’t know much about autism before hand but he was far from judgmental and I think we both came away having a better understanding of my problems and solutions for it.

Centre for the Study of Autism and Christian Community | The School of Divinity, History and Philosophy | The University of Aberdeen

I have not come across many places where the autism and faith are discussed.
This one seems to be good and relevant.

From their website
This is very helpful, I have been concerned a bit lately, about how my brother and sister Catholics understand Aspergers and have wanted to help with the involvement of Aspergers in the Church and explain how Aspergers works from Catholic Philosophical understanding; I have actually posted threads on here in the past discussing both, the understanding of Aspergers from a Catholic philosophical view and my idea for an Aspie Apostolate:

Catholic Philosophy and Autism: your thoughts

My idea for an Autistic Apostolate

If you are interested I would point you towards these parts of their website.

Become a research participant
For some of our projects we look for people willing to share their views on the questions we research. Sometimes we look for people who identify as autistic, sometimes for parents/caregivers of autistic people, sometimes church leaders, etc. Often these projects include different ways in which you can share your views, for example through face-to-face interviews, filling out a questionnaire, writing a journal, or a video or phone interview. If you want to participate in a project in such a way (or let us know what other means of communicating you prefer!), please get in touch!

Subscribe to our newsletter
To subscribe to our newsletter, send an email to [email protected].

This is something needed tremendously, last night for two hours I sat alone with my Bible study leader and we spoke about the problems I face through an autistic lense. He didn’t know much about autism before hand but he was far from judgmental and I think we both came away having a better understanding of my problems and solutions for it.

Personally I would be interested in hearing your reflections and solutions. Perhaps it might help others on this Forum.

New Threads

Top Bottom