• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Caught some happiness

Pats

V.I.P Member
I went to my grandson's birthday party yesterday. I always dread them, and I even forgot my camera which is usually my excuse for stepping away - so I can take pictures of the kids.
At the end of the party, my grand daughter wanted me to go for a walk with her, so I gathered up some of the other grandkids to walk down to the creek - their parents all followed so it ended as some family time. It was fun watching them catch crawdads and other things that we had no idea what they were. lol One of my grandsons was excited that he caught his first pet. lol But his mom wouldn't let him keep the crawdads that his uncle helped him catch. It was heart tugging to watch him all sad, go up to talk to his uncle about it. Oh, so sweet.

I love watching them all be such a close knit, loving family. And they are. There's nothing that any of them wouldn't do for any of the others. And, ya know, even growing up, there was never any sibling rivalry, except during teen years when my youngest kept saying she wanted to be an only child. lol But there is nothing that warms my heart more than watching my family together and I hope they always are as close as they are now. My youngest turns 30 in August, then my daughter 32, son 34, and son 44.

I just realized something. They're all grown ups now. Their enjoyment has moved on from having to have a refrigerator full of beer to enjoying watching all the cousins together and finding their own happiness adulting. It's a better happy and I think they've got it. :)

My sister once asked me what I planned to do once the kids were grown (she was trying to get me to date and find someone but I wasn't interested at the time). My answer was to sit back and say job well done. Well, today I get to sit back and say "Job well done".
56531233_10214579234343053_8573232756971012096_n.jpg

56425592_10214579235783089_8382784518267863040_n.jpg

56596514_10217092539212815_1317384546924101632_n.jpg

My oldest ones wasn't there, but here's the littlins. :)

As we say down here in the Deep South, you shine, Ms Pats! Darling grandchildren and a wonderful legacy of love from you. I enjoy your photos. Everyone seems so happy and healthy!

I somehow perceived a stethoscope on the far left child and thought, "The doctor child seems upset :eek:" o_O

Last edited:
I went to my grandson's birthday party yesterday. I always dread them, and I even forgot my camera which is usually my excuse for stepping away - so I can take pictures of the kids.
At the end of the party, my grand daughter wanted me to go for a walk with her, so I gathered up some of the other grandkids to walk down to the creek - their parents all followed so it ended as some family time. It was fun watching them catch crawdads and other things that we had no idea what they were. lol One of my grandsons was excited that he caught his first pet. lol But his mom wouldn't let him keep the crawdads that his uncle helped him catch. It was heart tugging to watch him all sad, go up to talk to his uncle about it. Oh, so sweet.

I love watching them all be such a close knit, loving family. And they are. There's nothing that any of them wouldn't do for any of the others. And, ya know, even growing up, there was never any sibling rivalry, except during teen years when my youngest kept saying she wanted to be an only child. lol But there is nothing that warms my heart more than watching my family together and I hope they always are as close as they are now. My youngest turns 30 in August, then my daughter 32, son 34, and son 44.

I just realized something. They're all grown ups now. Their enjoyment has moved on from having to have a refrigerator full of beer to enjoying watching all the cousins together and finding their own happiness adulting. It's a better happy and I think they've got it. :)

My sister once asked me what I planned to do once the kids were grown (she was trying to get me to date and find someone but I wasn't interested at the time). My answer was to sit back and say job well done. Well, today I get to sit back and say "Job well done".
56531233_10214579234343053_8573232756971012096_n.jpg

56425592_10214579235783089_8382784518267863040_n.jpg

56596514_10217092539212815_1317384546924101632_n.jpg

My oldest ones wasn't there, but here's the littlins. :)

As I have said before, family is everything. Your "littlins" are cute as can be. My wife and I have 14 grandkids. Your post makes me want to go give them all a hug. Thank you!

If family is everything, and I have no family I'm close with, do I have nothing? :eek:
Absolutely not. I love my kids and grandkids, but you can have my siblings. You are what is in your heart. (And it's not every day I feel this way. They are keeping me in a place I don't like and keeping me from going where I love.) :)

Absolutely not. I love my kids and grandkids, but you can have my siblings. You are what is in your heart. (And it's not every day I feel this way. They are keeping me in a place I don't like and keeping me from going where I love.) :)

Out west?

It sounds amazing, Pats, such a heartwarming thing to read. I'm really glad for these 'little stolen moments'. These bits of happiness are worth living for and I hope you have many more to come.

What a lovely story, Pats. It gave me goosebumps. The wee ones are adorable and your heart must be so full! Thanks for sharing the story and the photos. I get regularly jolts of happiness hanging out with my adult son. I've just got the one child and no grandchildren. My son is also autistic and we are quite a bit alike so we get each other and like to hang out together. Being with him makes me happy and I am proud of the person he grew up to be. Amazing that you get to experience multiples of that! :)

Out west?
What a lovely story, Pats. It gave me goosebumps. The wee ones are adorable and your heart must be so full! Thanks for sharing the story and the photos. I get regularly jolts of happiness hanging out with my adult son. I've just got the one child and no grandchildren. My son is also autistic and we are quite a bit alike so we get each other and like to hang out together. Being with him makes me happy and I am proud of the person he grew up to be. Amazing that you get to experience multiples of that! :)
yep. for sure.

That's great that you can feel these happy emotions towards family.
Like @Fino, I have no family either.
But, outside of my parents I don't even know if I could feel closeness to family.
I never knew the desire for children or siblings. It's a feeling I can't relate to because I've never
felt it.
It must be nice though. I'm happy for you that you have experienced it.
There are many emotions/desires I will never experience that most do.

That's great that you can feel these happy emotions towards family.
Like @Fino, I have no family either.
But, outside of my parents I don't even know if I could feel closeness to family.
I never knew the desire for children or siblings. It's a feeling I can't relate to because I've never
felt it.
It must be nice though. I'm happy for you that you have experienced it.
There are many emotions/desires I will never experience that most do.
Pretty much don't talk to my blood family since my mother passed close to four years ago now. Even on the rare occasion we do talk. I have to make contact as if they don't answer their phone they never call back.
Luckily I have a great wife (She would have to be to put up with my warped sense of humor for 28 years) & her family treats me like one of their own.

I just saw an ad on this forum for Crop Preserver Anti-Chafing Ball Deodorant.
Wasn't offended just thought it was strange the ad would be on this forum.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom