• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can't say what l truly feel........(tears, crying)

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
I can't say my true feelings, because of l don't know why. l get overwhelmed with emotions, then finally l realise why l reacted, then l have to do damage control with people l really care about.

Emotional mental block, like l finally confronted a manager who was in my face too much. So l am taking steps. But l have hard expressing feelings with this guy l was seeing.

Hard time, it should read, think l am getting better at it. Does anyone else go through this, is it part of being on the spectrum?

Yes, it can be very difficult. I have frequently had to write them down which can make people think I am a weirdo. sigh. But then I am starting to think i am a weirdo. I just have to go with it.

@Ginseng I don't label myself as weird, just more a fear to express myself due to some inner surival mode. That l some how felt repressed maybe as a child, with a very overbearing father.

Think my feelings were ignored completely growing up in my childhood, l wasn't allowed to have emotions or feelings, l think l became excellent at bottling them up and staying in a safe zone, that it became normal. But now l respond with my boundaries, when people are pushy, l make a nano second decision to state my boundaries.

My home life was similar. I don't really think of my self as weird either unless I am around NT's too long. They seem to like to point things out to me. Well, my NT therapists did anyway. Most people are not so rejecting as my ex-therapists. I am sorry for your pain. I do understand. Just trying to let you know I can relate. Glad you are setting boundaries. That is so important.

@Aspychata many of us have been in the emotional pit you are now and climbed our way back out eventually. You have people here who understand and will try to help if you open up, whether you choose to do that in the members only section or in PMs to someone you trust. You are NOT alone :)

Yes. I have similar experiences. I had a very good childhood with supportive parents. There is no trauma other than the experience of being me for which to blame any problems I have. I do not understand my emotions readily and often don't realise I am having difficulty in any way until I become overwhelmed. I have had plenty of experiences crying and feeling upset but not really knowing why. Sometimes I would try to talk my way into understanding and make things worse. Often I experienced a meltdown before even realising that I was struggling to cope. I am sensitive and pretty much emotionally crumble with criticism and I have been vulnerable to emotional abuse from people who were supposed to care about me.

I'm 51 now so I've got experience. I know the world will not end, the people who truly love me will stick with me, I will survive and it is not possible to die of shame. Aging does help a little just in understanding myself and accepting myself as I am. I'm still not good with boundaries but I am better than I once was.

I won't tell you that it's easy but I can tell you that you are not alone.

Yes. I have similar experiences. I had a very good childhood with supportive parents. There is no trauma other than the experience of being me for which to blame any problems I have. I do not understand my emotions readily and often don't realise I am having difficulty in any way until I become overwhelmed. I have had plenty of experiences crying and feeling upset but not really knowing why. Sometimes I would try to talk my way into understanding and make things worse. Often I experienced a meltdown before even realising that I was struggling to cope. I am sensitive and pretty much emotionally crumble with criticism and I have been vulnerable to emotional abuse from people who were supposed to care about me.

I'm 51 now so I've got experience. I know the world will not end, the people who truly love me will stick with me, I will survive and it is not possible to die of shame. Aging does help a little just in understanding myself and accepting myself as I am. I'm still not good with boundaries but I am better than I once was.

I won't tell you that it's easy but I can tell you that you are not alone.

All I have to do is change the age and this describes me exactly. You saved me time, thank you! ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom