• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can autistic fixations be sexual in nature?

BrokenBoy

戯言使い(Nonsense User)
There's this one sexual act that I keep obsessing about..

I can't help myself from thinking about or fantasizing about it, even when I'm not horny or in the mood for sex at all. The sexual act on it's own, regardless of the context or circumstances makes me really happy for some reason. Could it be a special interest?

I see you are 16, my bet is it's hormones more than anything. As you get older those desires/fixations become more controllable.

Unless it is something really odd, I wouldn't worry about it.

If it monopolizes your day to the exclusion of other things you might do or if it would land you in jail, talk to a therapist.

There's this one sexual act that I keep obsessing about..

I can't help myself from thinking about or fantasizing about it, even when I'm not horny or in the mood for sex at all. The sexual act on it's own, regardless of the context or circumstances makes me really happy for some reason. Could it be a special interest?
How much do you care about it for instance do you think about it so much that you would do anything for it?, It sounds like it's in the realm of obsessive-compulsive disorder the differences with autism we just perceive things intensely but a neuro typical could still have that compulsion.

How much do you care about it for instance do you think about it so much that you would do anything for it?, It sounds like it's in the realm of obsessive-compulsive disorder the differences with autism we just perceive things intensely but a neuro typical could still have that compulsion.

Agreed. This appears to be medically closer to a possibility of such an obsession.

Though as it has already been posted, I suspect what the OP is worried about amounts to a teenage boy simply coming of age sexually. A time when many of us irrationally of gave a whole lot of thought to sex in one way or another. Which in most instances we survived without any serious incidents.

That such sexual fixations are more likely to be mutually exclusive of autism itself.

Last edited:
That age there is always wonder no matter whether you have Autism or not. Be mindful of it but overall I wouldn't pay it much heed.

New Threads

Top Bottom