• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can Anybody Else Relate to This Emoji?

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
This emoji is called "Mild Panic" and was created by a Twitter user (shown in the original screenshot). It eventually was screenshotted and posted to Reddit where it got to the top of r/Me_IRL and a few other subreddits it fits in. As an Autistic, I can relate to this greatly. Can anybody else?
caLINTt.jpg

Just everything about it is relatable. In fact, I think it should be added to the Forum's own emote system. There is even a Change.org petition to make this emoji go on IOS and maybe even have its own Android, Google, and Discord versions. I feel this emoji, like, 98.57% of the time.

No.
Not at all.

This bulgy eyed smiley with a big drop of sweat(?) says nothing like
"Mild Panic" to me. If it says anything, it says.....the creature's shoes
are too tight and it's made the mistake of standing under a drip.

I love it!! It's like a person panicking who is still in the part where they're pretending everything is fine.

If we want to be picky, I don't think "mild panic" makes sense, being a contradiction in terms, but if we're not being picky, I would use that emoji all the time!

This emoji is just confusing... crying but also happy? I can't really relate to it - perhaps if it had a neutral expression I might. My dominant emotion is neutral through to anxious, occasionally happy but not both happy and crying. Panic, even mild panic, doesn't make me either happy or cry, just anxious.

It looks like it should be called pshew.
I see it as someone who is having a sigh of relief and happy that whatever didn't happen.

No. Panic does not come to mind on seeing that.

A mixture of pleasure and perhaps, as Progester says: relief from ardious work.

Just shown emoji to daughter (early 20s)

She said "anxious" and then pulled a face at me to show something like @Fino described.
The beginning, pretending it's still fine, trying to smile through it?

This emoji is just confusing... crying but also happy? I can't really relate to it - perhaps if it had a neutral expression I might. My dominant emotion is neutral through to anxious, occasionally happy but not both happy and crying. Panic, even mild panic, doesn't make me either happy or cry, just anxious.
That's sweat, I think.

It doesn't say panic to me. Mild or otherwise.

It looks like a smiley face with a rain drop on its head.

And now the song won't leave my head alone - just before bedtime too :mad::mad::mad:

Raindrops are falling on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
Nothing seems to fit
Those raindrops are falling on my head, they keep falling .......

And now the song won't leave my head alone - just before bedtime too :mad::mad::mad:

Raindrops are falling on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
Nothing seems to fit
Those raindrops are falling on my head, they keep falling .......

:) ... You just had to, didn't you?
How easily my brain has read those lyrics and is singing that song (it's nearly midnight)
I can almost smell the seventies too !
:)

Interesting. Does not quite fit the name in my opinion. Also, I never panic 'mildly'. All emotions are binary for me, and quite strong. Make us one for 'major panic', and I would buy it for a dollar. ;)

Edit: grammer

New Threads

Top Bottom