• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Camera suggestions?

Update: I just bought the camera I linked to in my original post. It's got the lenses I like. Free postage, I should get it just before Christmas. New toys, yay.

And the autistic side of things - they have a shop front just 3 km from where I live but I'd rather buy online than go to a crowded shopping centre. If there's any problems with the camera I'll be in their shop front readily enough though. :)

Congrats! :)

I've been shooting with a mirrorless Fuji for almost eight years now, and love it! Would not go back to dSLR speaking for myself...

The first time I've been on the internet all day really, after work went to a concert, had 30 minutes at home after work before heading out, now just got home at 11 PM, yes I have to work tomorrow

Many people in the photography industry feel that the mirrorless will eventually take over from dSLR... I also think that as phone cameras become more powerful they become a better tool for many amateur photographers...

Having said that, I still prefer a more traditional camera, and prefer using the eye piece viewfinder, but then I tend to rather old school/luddite at times too :rolleyes:

My camera is finally on its way. After waiting for 5 days and not getting sent any shipping details I emailed them and they didn't reply. I emailed them again and they still didn't reply. This one got them moving:
----

I still haven't received a response, or any indication that my camera is
being sent. I'm starting to get worried.

Should I contact my bank and cancel the card transaction?

Now I'm impatiently waiting for the battery to charge.

At first glance it looks very similar to my old camera, except for a screen that opens out and swivels. I had a look through it with the smaller lens fitted and noticed something new - no manual focus without power. I wonder if that'll make any difference during use?

Now have fun trying to decipher the camera manual :oops: And all the multitude of buttons and menu settings

Some modern camera manuals are very hard to follow, there are technical writers who simplify the language and publish books, for pretty much any camera out there...

I'm not much of a one for reading manuals, I play first and then refer to the manual to find out where I went wrong. :)

At the moment I'm searching for older versions of Canon's DPP software because I'm having trouble getting the newer one to install, in Linux using Wine. I'm still not real happy with any of the Linux based RAW conversion software, my memory of Canon's is quite good though.

OK, apparently Linux RAW conversion isn't too bad these days after all. I'll worry about Canon software another day.

Here's my very first happy snap. tomorrow I think I'll go for a walk in a park and play with it properly.

First shot.JPG

It's going to take me a little while to get my eye back in again with the camera and it's going to take me a little while to get used to the post processing software too. But that's part of the fun of it.

I went for a short ride to a local park this morning, it wasn't very inspiring, wrong time of year. But I did see this, I don't know what it is.

Bird.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom