• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

buying/owning things

Yeah, I love buying stuff and getting/opening new things, but I can go a bit overboard with it. I'm a buyer with zero impulse control, no practical spending limit, and endless free time. So, "OOH SHINY" *spend*. Kinda like that. I end up with a few too many new things and then sometimes I can lose track of what I havent tried out yet. Which kinda blows the point of buying them.

I dont like ordering things though... I really prefer just going to an actual store. Aside from the possibility of orders getting screwed up (as happened a bunch of times recently), there's just something missing from the experience when buying online.

I dont like ordering things though... I really prefer just going to an actual store. Aside from the possibility of orders getting screwed up (as happened a bunch of times recently), there's just something missing from the experience when buying online.

I hate ordering things online. I only do it when I have to because I can't get it locally. I wish I could go to a store and get anything, and I'd even pay a premium for it. I like the feeling of it in my hands and I also feel I can make a much more informed decision about it that way. The brick and mortar stores disappearing really makes me sad.

Whether it be from an actual store or online order, I open it right away. Simple reason being I need it and want to get at it. Also want to check it for anything possibly not right, and return it or file a complaint as soon as possible.

There are some things I don't use right away. Like the XWP1 keyboard I got earlier this summer. It's just sitting off to the side right now because I haven't taken the time to learn to program it. Not that I don't want to. But right now the good weather is here and those days are numbered, I'll enjoy my time outside while I can. I've got all winter to be cooped up when I'll get into music a whole lot more.

I order quite a few things from Amazon only because a lot of unusual things I want or need
you just can't find in a store. And secondly because of price. If I know what I am getting and the
price is better, I order. Returns are easy too.

I'm never in a hurry to open the packages though. Just make sure I do it before return date is up
unless it is something I need immediately.
Clothes is about the only thing I will not order online. I've got to try them on for fit and be able to
feel the material before I buy anything I'll be wearing.

Funny how my house partner is very eager to just get the mail every morning.
He runs out to the box like he's won Publisher's Clearing House or something.
I could care less. It's just bills or adds that I get anyway.
But, then the box shows up at the door...
What can it be NOW?
amazon.jpg

I mean, where else can you get Fluker's Cricket Quencher for a buck?

I love buying new stuff, but the thrill of owning a new item wears off very quickly for me.

I bought 6 baby chickens yesterday at the farm supply store, three New Hampshire Reds and three Leghorn chicks. I could hardly wait till I got home to open their box and transfer them to their new home in the Taj Mahal chicken house built by my husband. :cool:

l am slightly disappointed that my package came as envelope instead of a box. l also have meltdowns if wrapped to tightly. As if the sender can hear my four letter words. But l enjoy the convenience of not leaving my place and ordering online.

One of my favorites was software that came on multiple installation CDs and included a thick, heavy user manual. Even better, a manual in multiple volumes.

Yeah, I love buying stuff and getting/opening new things, but I can go a bit overboard with it. I'm a buyer with zero impulse control, no practical spending limit, and endless free time. So, "OOH SHINY" *spend*. Kinda like that. I end up with a few too many new things and then sometimes I can lose track of what I havent tried out yet. Which kinda blows the point of buying them.

That reminded me I bought a ringbinder version of the A-Z of my town and then found the original I’ve never forgotten that

I bought 6 baby chickens yesterday at the farm supply store, three New Hampshire Reds and three Leghorn chicks. I could hardly wait till I got home to open their box and transfer them to their new home in the Taj Mahal chicken house built by my husband. :cool:
photographs please please please please please of Taj Mahal chicken house :)

It's often more rewarding for me to buy myself something than go into the world and deal with people. Whatever the thing is, it doesn't tend to make me feel bad.

It's loads of satisfaction. But really little to no satisfaction at the same time. My fantasies can never be quenched, can they?

I need to stop overthinking and just get some things I'd like. There will be another opportunity to get more and make another decision, sometimes it's hard for me to see this.

It's loads of satisfaction. But really little to no satisfaction at the same time. My fantasies can never be quenched, can they?

I need to stop overthinking and just get some things I'd like. There will be another opportunity to get more and make another decision, sometimes it's hard for me to see this.
what I found is what do you naturally get pleasure from with me it’s colouring in ( i’d love some brush tip colouring pens ,trying to be environmentally friendly ,by buying inks and using the few ones I already have )so I’ve realised just buy things for colouring in
or as my eyesight is not the best very, very ,very ,large pictures .I’ve never bought one yet, I’d like one of the nativity for Christmas. Thinking about a fabric panel , there is a shopping channel (Also teaches you how to sew things )in the UK called sewing quarter they have loads .
i’d love some new watercolour pencils .

I'll do that if I can figure out how to post a photo here! I'm not very computer savvy.
can you see the reply button in the bottom right hand ?corner if you click on that it says upload file! on the middle bottom right what usually happens is it will give you a list of possibilities !on my iPad it says photo gallery !iCloud !I usually go to photo gallery and then look at whatever photo !I’ve got ,click on that !and then it says upload file !usually you get two choices from Thumbnail size or full image !then you click on either !

Ordering online does make lots of things more accessible, books I want, for example, or items that are hard to find. I like shopping also, going at quiet times and browsing. I love stationers, and quirky shops and bookshops especially 2nd hand. I do put off opening presents, to appreciate the wrapping paper and anticipate the gift, but usually open parcels that come through the post or other deliveries.

I love my things. Sometimes name them, if I use them a lot or are very sentimental, and often talk to them as though they're sentient. I know they're not, but it feels good to care for things. On the flip side, I feel absolutely violated if someone touches my things without my permission. No one will care for my stuff the way I do. That took a long time to adjust to, in married life, I basically had to accept that my husband/childre will touch anything they see and will not tend to it the way I do, so my ultra important things stay out of sight.

I know the thread evolved around shopping, which I love to do too, but I wanted to expound on that one piece from OP, because it's kinda integral to my daily experience.

Also, hi. New here. ^-^

I love my things. Sometimes name them, if I use them a lot or are very sentimental, and often talk to them as though they're sentient. I know they're not, but it feels good to care for things. On the flip side, I feel absolutely violated if someone touches my things without my permission. No one will care for my stuff the way I do. That took a long time to adjust to, in married life, I basically had to accept that my husband/childre will touch anything they see and will not tend to it the way I do, so my ultra important things stay out of sight.

I know the thread evolved around shopping, which I love to do too, but I wanted to expound on that one piece from OP, because it's kinda integral to my daily experience.

Also, hi. New here. ^-^
What do you like ?I like adult colouring books, watercolour pencils ,the environment ,animal rights ,veganism ,nature ,very basic sewing

What do you like ?I like adult colouring books, watercolour pencils ,the environment ,animal rights ,veganism ,nature ,very basic sewing

I like things that make my space feel cozy and organized. I always get impressed compliments on my office at work! This week I bought a new accent chair (so soft!) and pillows for an empty corner in my room, and I found a little bookshelf that fits in an odd space in my private nook. Last week, it was a few plants for my bathroom, and coordinating pots to put them in.

I'm also a major collector of art supplies, a habit I've had to reign in since having children. Hard to keep my nice art supplies nice with 2 eager little artists in the house. D: Adult coloring books are great! So soothing. I keep a couple in my office for angsty days.

Do you have brand preferences for your watercolors and pencils? I find myself very picky, it's reaaaaally hard to try new brands once I've found one I like. Much more likely to do without than try a new brand. >_>

I like things that make my space feel cozy and organized. I always get impressed compliments on my office at work! This week I bought a new accent chair (so soft!) and pillows for an empty corner in my room, and I found a little bookshelf that fits in an odd space in my private nook. Last week, it was a few plants for my bathroom, and coordinating pots to put them in.

I'm also a major collector of art supplies, a habit I've had to reign in since having children. Hard to keep my nice art supplies nice with 2 eager little artists in the house. D: Adult coloring books are great! So soothing. I keep a couple in my office for angsty days.

Do you have brand preferences for your watercolors and pencils? I find myself very picky, it's reaaaaally hard to try new brands once I've found one I like. Much more likely to do without than try a new brand. >_>
really would like faber castell as there are so many hues but i’ll be buying arteza woodless watercolour pencils,I bought drawing inks recently as I don’t want to throw away the brush tip pens I have ,only got two colours.

New Threads

Top Bottom