• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

buying/owning things

I made a wishlist of clothes I’d like to own, but I’m only allowed to buy them once I drop at least 8 kilos of recently gained weight.

Aced, I know what you mean about your things being touched. Even worse for me is things being moved with no reason. If I see it happening, I can feel myself getting tense and waiting for the next opportunity to move the things back where they were.

same here!!!! i still love collecting music but i do like streaming as well. owning music you like is way better in my opinion.
My problem is money - that I don't have enough money to buy everything that I would like and have to restrict myself to x number or purchases each month. And then I can't buy all of the new releases I want. It's frustrating. But perhaps not a bad thing, because I appreciate what I've got or the ones that I have selected to buy more this way - and the releases that I didn't manage to buy I can stream if I want to.

The fun is in the shopping. Opening and actually having stuff is a distant second for me. I still have stuff in boxes that i never opened, lost, or forgot i ever ordered. But I digress into off-topic topics like 'hoarder' and EFD/ADD. Shopping is my funnest addiction; dont want no 12-step program for that, just a bigger bank account.

I did emotionally shop then l returned to eating my emotions. Now l am buying books and l am enjoying this the most. I get to move in four months, so l need to downsize some of my books.

New Threads

Top Bottom