• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

buying/owning things

AwkwardSilence

How much satisfaction do you get from buying something you want? I guess it's commonly thought that things don't give you friendship or love, but I disagree. Sometimes they can seem like very good, loyal friends.
I admit that my favorite part of ordering something is the anticipation of opening the box. I've been known to keep the box sealed and wait until a day or two before the return deadline, because the anticipation is almost always greater than the reality.

I love ordering new music (cds or vinyl records) and opening it up and listening to it, having something new to my collection. I hate having to wait for things in the post, though. Music has always been a very good companion and friend to me :)

I've been known to keep the box sealed and wait until a day or two before the return deadline, because the anticipation is almost always greater than the reality.

I definitely couldn't do that! I open all parcels as soon as they arrive, even when they're not for me!!!!!

You have excellent restraint :)

I must say, I do enjoy using my biggest ticket item. Driving my car...even if there really isn't somewhere I need to be. Now if those gas prices would just drop a little more.

Ok, a lot more. :p

I enjoy the ritual of opening new packages. I particularly enjoyed opening boxes that contain electric and electronic devices, all neatly wrapped with styrofoam to keep the item securely in place, then the clear plastic, and the warrantees and instruction booklets stacked together neatly. All of it seemingly untouched and totally perfect. I always appreciated and respected my toys.

Just yesterday, UPS dropped this off at my home:
8-71 supercharger housing.jpg

As a child I wanted to open presents right away. But once my mother said to me, “The longer you wait, the longer you can look forward to it.” That comment must have permanently engraved itself on a few of my brain cells.

I must say, I do enjoy using my biggest ticket item. Driving my car...even if there really isn't somewhere I need to be. Now if those gas prices would just drop a little more.

Ok, a lot more. :p
Post #9 could either enhance that fuel mileage, or drag it all the way down to a number that could either disappoint or delight you :p

Last edited:
Post #9 could either enhance that fuel mileage, or drag it all the want down to a number that could either disappoint or delight you :p

Looks like a whopping intake manifold. :eek: :cool:

Besides, everyone should have a highrise intake manifold!

MPF_0551.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
It is fun and enjoyable and all that, but I don't see how that makes them "friends," any more than it makes them clouds.

I used to get scolded by husband because I was always too anxious to open mail. So one day I brought the mail in and there was a envelope addressed to me from his mother. He's back in the office so I quietly sneak and open the envelope, making sure he doesn't see or hear me. It was a card. I open the card and it was one of those musical cards - for a second I thought for sure it was an alarm going off. lol Ill never forget that.
I do enjoy buying things and ordering things I want - it makes me happy. As far as waiting - I'm thinking the opposite. The sooner I open it the longer I get to enjoy it. :)

I love buying stuff. Like I've been wanting to get a coffee carafe for weeks and I found one for super cheap at a thrift store today and it made me so happy.

I understand why people hate the “random mystery boxes” that are now pretty much against ebay sales rules, because people get rid of their garbage stuff... I , however, love ❤️
Mystery boxes.... especially when I buy stuff from Hungary Harvest or one of the food boxes that company send. That exhilaration of getting something new! :rolleyes::D:confused:

Then I get to plan food recipes YaY!

Also silver and Gold Boxes, but many are scams now :eek:

I love getting things from foreign countries, I love the different designs that other countries use for their stamps and customs forms. Israel has a postage strip that features an ancient style menorah, it is very cool, and it has the word ISRAEL in English, Hebrew, and Arabic. Also, Israel's mail customs form is in English right alongside the Hebrew. Russia features famous Russian cathedrals on some stamps, and the art is very lovely. Before the transatlantic shipping trade between Hong Kong and the US was standardized, if you ordered something from Hong Kong it came in an official "HongKong Post" envelope with a half dozen very colorful stamps. I tend to keep all these envelopes because they are so nice.

New Threads

Top Bottom