• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"But you'd look so nice with make up!"

It's like being called ugly. My family did that stuff to me too and I caved and now I wear makeup everyday, and it sucks. Don't do it. Just call them out in a calm way so they don't do it again. You can't change how people feel about you, but you can demand respect by setting a boundary with the family and let them know you see the implications of what they're saying, and you love the way you look without makeup. They can think whatever they want but they'll know better than to bring you their discomfort and insecurities.

New Threads

Top Bottom