• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Boss called me a liar.

I have had a pretty successful career so far. But I am stuck with a current situation.

Got a new boss a couple years ago. Things have never been great. I make more than he does -- or so he tells me -- and we have never clicked. He talks smack about me to other employees in the company.

He recently sent an e-mail in which he suggested plainly that I lied to him on a matter that is trivially verifiable. (Basically, did I take some required training.) He's not stupid, so he knows he could have just called the training group in our company and asked. He's not lazy, so it's not that he couldn't generate an e-mail. No, this seems like a completely unprofessional pissy snark thing. A cheap shot due to some unvoiced frustration. And from my boss, which is entirely dangerous.

The thing is, I take my integrity seriously. If I don't have a receipt for a business expense, I eat the cost rather than start any perception of shenanigans. I am BOILING MAD and am fighting emotions of punching his teeth down his throat. (Won't happen, I telecommute from far away, and he's younger and bigger than I am; I am not suicidal regarding my life or my employment. But those feelings are surging.) His approach is complete crap, disrespectful, and just shows poor skills on his part.

But I am jammed in terms of how to deal with it. Ignore the e-mail, confront him, go to the Human Resources department and complain (career limiting, I suspect, for ME), what? I could use some thoughts on this one from anyone who has seen this play out.
So many thoughts are going through my head.
1. He's feeling pressure from people he reports to and is simply venting?
2. Reply to his email, including the training group, and make an innocent false inquiry about how not everyone is informed obviously about what training is completed by each employee. I personally love that approach because it makes it look like you are on your manager's side being indignant about the lack of communication
3. You are in an enviable position knowing that you have strong, unique skills and would be very hard to replace. That counts towards job security

Last edited:
Whoa- slow down here. Let's accumulate the facts.
1. Good job- excellent pay
2. Good job excellent pay
3. Good job excellent pay
That's out of the way.
Fact: what are your chances of getting such a high paying great job again?
Then base your action or inaction on that alone.
It's not the greatest job market. My ex made more then his supervisor and she told him that. Yup- she is gone and he is acting director now.
So how about business as usual and just make sure you keep it together.☺

New Threads

Top Bottom