• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Best Rock and Roll Scream?

menander

I saw another post which mentioned how soothing those ripping rock and roll screams can be. Please post your favs and we can come here to listen when we need a good shredding of emotions.

I'll send specific times as I like listening to my faviourite bits from songs on repeat. These aren't really rock and roll genre screams, but they're powerful vocals. The first 3 are elongated - each one at 10 seconds or longer. I find them mesmerising.

From 2:45 and at around 3:00 he does an elongated scream. I like the distortion as it sounds like a mix between a voice and guitar distortion

From 3:30 there's a guitar solo and then from 4:20 there's a 12 second long scream.

Some folk metal next. Vocals in this are rather black metal like in tone. I enjoy this genre as it encorporates a lot of interesting instruments into the usual heavy metal ensemble. From 1:58 is a brief guitar solo and then some wonderful instrumental build up (around 2:27) followed by an almighty and rather ominous scream/roar (2:43) which rumbles along in the background with the instrumentals for about 10 seconds. He does another, less subdued scream at 3:40 too.

Finally, this one is quite a heavy song from the deathcore genre. It's interesting a occasionally he incorporates an 80's rock style scream such as at 1:28. Out of all of the songs I've shared this one is probably my favourite as it's technical, emotive and highly energetic.

I'll add some more if I can think of any. But these 4 are the most memorable I can recall.

Ed

Last edited:
How about Robert Plant's long scream @4:14 in Kashmir? I've heard he blew out sound equipment back then doing it.

Last edited:
It's already been mentioned, Led Zepplin's Robert Plante singing pretty much anything:

The Immigrant song, not their best really, my brother used to play it to drive my parents crazy.

A lot of screaming in this one, especially after about 3 minutes. This song was about his brother who died in a motorbike accident. It's very emotional, it's not pleasant to listen to.

"Be careful with that axe, Eugene". Pink Floyd. This is a early one, when Roger Waters was still there. Some of screams that come out of his mouth sound scary.

aceec20f9aded798cd43574d896705d8.jpg

;)

This singer is autistic and his songs are delightful in repetitive words/screams/guitar riffs. And in this song, he doesn't mask. He makes every ridiculous face he can.
Outtathaway sung by * The Vines*
Another hit was *Ride*

Bon Jovi screams and sings it rough.
The classic rock look is sexy as it gets, IMO.

Billy Idol is another.
This is the song I can't keep from singing with and volume up!
Put White Wedding with it! More, more, more, more, more...

I'll send specific times as I like listening to my faviourite bits from songs on repeat. These aren't really rock and roll genre screams, but they're powerful vocals. The first 3 are elongated - each one at 10 seconds or longer. I find them mesmerising.

From 2:45 and at around 3:00 he does an elongated scream. I like the distortion as it sounds like a mix between a voice and guitar distortion

From 3:30 there's a guitar solo and then from 4:20 there's a 12 second long scream.

Some folk metal next. Vocals in this are rather black metal like in tone. I enjoy this genre as it encorporates a lot of interesting instruments into the usual heavy metal ensemble. From 1:58 is a brief guitar solo and then some wonderful instrumental build up (around 2:27) followed by an almighty and rather ominous scream/roar (2:43) which rumbles along in the background with the instrumentals for about 10 seconds. He does another, less subdued scream at 3:40 too.

Finally, this one is quite a heavy song from the deathcore genre. It's interesting a occasionally he incorporates an 80's rock style scream such as at 1:28. Out of all of the songs I've shared this one is probably my favourite as it's technical, emotive and highly energetic.

I'll add some more if I can think of any. But these 4 are the most memorable I can recall.

Ed
Holy Moly!! I didn't any coffee this morning! I am ready to go out and face the day! (Mask included, of course). Wow. You know, on the first one, I really liked at :15-18, too. His voice is very soothing there. I never heard of a lot of these groups. I will pass them on to people I know who love metal. Thanks, Ragg!

How about Robert Plant's long scream @4:14 in Kashmir? I've heard he blew out sound equipment back then doing it.

TOTAL Classic! I never knew that about the equipment, but it does not surprise. Zep rocks and I am listening to this right now :)

The original “I put a spell on you”. Singers name is even Screamin’ Jay Hawkins. I think I read that he was drunk or something when he recorded this

There's a lot of great examples from different artists I can think of, but I'd say the chorus from this New Model Army song is a really good one, especially when Justin Sullivan screams "Put out the lights on the age of reason".

New Threads

Top Bottom