• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Because of GDPR, would I be able to use my MA license as ID document for applying for jobs?

Yeah but it's hard enough now as a 40 odd year old disabled Aspie in the UK to get a job, who'd take on a 50 odd year old disabled Aspie in the UK?

Equal opportunities? Meh, they say that because they have to, they don't mean it.

I'm a 48 year old physically disabled Aspie and I've been in full time work all my adult life. You'll stand a much better chance of getting work if you have ID whatever your age, if indeed that's what you actually want.

I'm a 48 year old physically disabled Aspie and I've been in full time work all my adult life. You'll stand a much better chance of getting work if you have ID whatever your age, if indeed that's what you actually want.

I do DESPERATELY want to work, but nobody in Sheffield, England will employ me outside of Charity shops and other voluntary organisations.

Another thought: are you seriously saying that you have no intention of travelling abroad at any time, ever, during the next ten years? Even if you win the lottery or get lucky on Blind Date?

I think when people were suggesting that your father buy you a passport, they meant as in give you the money. If this isn't an option, could you try the Sheffield Credit Union (as mentioned in an earlier thread)?

Another thought: are you seriously saying that you have no intention of travelling abroad at any time, ever, during the next ten years? Even if you win the lottery or get lucky on Blind Date?

I think when people were suggesting that your father buy you a passport, they meant as in give you the money. If this isn't an option, could you try the Sheffield Credit Union (as mentioned in an earlier thread)?

I do want to travel, like for instance I want to take my nephew and niece to Euro Disney while they're still young enough to like the characters, particularly my niece (who's 8 next Thursday)

I also want attend a major WWE Pay Per View event in the USA, the last major event in the UK was the 1992 Summer Slam event, where the main event was the late British Bulldog versus his Brother in law Bret Hart for the Intercontinental title, for those who don't know, the Bulldog was married to Bret Hart's sister.

New Threads

Top Bottom