• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Baked sweets survey!

Baked sweets?

• Cake!

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Cupcakes!

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Brownies!

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Pies!

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Donuts!

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Other (please specify)!

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • None!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All!

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don't want diabetes, so I am abstaining from this poll!

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Cookies!

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
It's very hard to say no to any baked goods. They are so good across the board. While I do enjoy some better than others, they all are enjoyable in thier own ways.

I think pies are about the only one I am neutral towards. I like them, but I won't go out of my way for a slice.

Actually, I really like Carrot Cake, with good cream cheese icing that is not too sweet. For Christmas dinner I am making pumpkin pies with a graham cracker crust.

I very rarely eat these things but I'm a sucker for German pastries, especially Bienenstich and a local product we call Kitchener Buns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitchener_bun
My favorite German pastry is Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte.

Though I'd like to add that today I was at a Polish market getting Blintzes, Kielbasa and Pierogi and decided to pick up raspberry and lemon Pączki! But you can guess what kind of Christmas dinner we will have. The Blintzes are great prepared as a dessert with a dollop of homemade Michigan Tart Cherry Jam. New Year's eve we always prepare a rack of lamb and this year I will try out a spice mix I brought back from Morocco, called Ras El Hanout, the spice merchant's "Head of the Shop," his best blend. The one I bought smells exotic.

Last edited:
So overwhelmed with all the choices. In LA, l experienced true Russian bakery treats. And Korean donuts, and Thai deserts. Just kill me with a chocolate filled crossiant. Wait, chocolate mousse? Blonde brownies, flan anyone? Tres leche cake? Baklava today, tomorrow gelato? I love red bean pastries, and Chinese lotus moon cake, l have red bean mochi sitting on top of my microwave. Wait.... l hear my mochi calling me.

All of the above! I'm going to bake an apple pie from scratch over the weekend myself. It is a project that takes several days but it looks so pretty when it comes out of the oven!

All ... but I have to choose, donuts and brownies are my favourite. Although getting older sucks .. these days I am looking at a piece of the cake the wrong way and I am gaining weight

So overwhelmed with all the choices. In LA, l experienced true Russian bakery treats. And Korean donuts, and Thai deserts. Just kill me with a chocolate filled crossiant. Wait, chocolate mousse? Blonde brownies, flan anyone? Tres leche cake? Baklava today, tomorrow gelato? I love red bean pastries, and Chinese lotus moon cake, l have red bean mochi sitting on top of my microwave. Wait.... l hear my mochi calling me.
Mmmmmmm . . . . make Homer Simpson gurgling sounds.

The Thai deserts I really enjoyed last year in Bangkok was Khanom Buang - little taco-alike pastries folded around a coconut cream. I liked getting to the night markets to buy a bag. One vendor had her cart just outside of Pad Thai Thip Sammai the shop that popularized Pad Thai.

Old fashioned blueberry cobbler made with berries from our yard. A scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream or butter pecan ice cream on top.

They're called cobblers because the pastry biscuits on top look like a cobbled street, and it has nothing to do with shoes. :)

Strawberry shortcake anyone? Summer dessert. Anything cobbler in the winter, so perfect. Baklava is perfect anytime. Marzipan me please. :)

Trick l learned is take condensed milk, and microwave 30 seconds repeatedly until it turns into dulce de leche. Then put on ice cream,or use as cake filling.

Fresh-baked scones are a favorite. Chocolate candy in moderation. A couple of spoonfuls of ice-cream, and fresh-baked cookies with nuts, and Euro-style wafers occasionally.

Just tried something special (once only for the holidays) - an almond tart with filling from a French-themed bakery.

I once made a three-layer chocolate cake. The bottom and middle layers were covered with seedless raspberry jam and then chocolate buttercream. After the top layer of cake was in place, the whole thing was covered in a thick chocolate fudge frosting. It came out OK, if you like chocolate.

If I could only eat one for the rest of my life it would be donuts. Omg i want one now you have mentioned them lol.

Let me eat cake!
Cake is my favorite baked sweety.
Donuts and cookies occasionally.
Not much for pies except pumpkin.

I just don't have a sweet tooth. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom