• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

bad start

thejuice

V.I.P Member
Ive had worst possible start to day really.. got up a couple hours later than I wanted. I then fell back asleep after coffee, instead of taking a shower. Then when i woke up I binged on food instead of going to town. These moments where the day is at a crossroads i want to make better decisions and not ones driven by anxiety!

Im looking at a night of being awake, need to make a plan so I dont go further downwards. I want look at the positives, at least Ive washed and done my teeth, got the laundry going, cleared one kitchen surface, made my bed. Concentrate on basics.

It's not so bad. The main problem is winding up with a rotated sleep schedule if you have obligations to attend to during the day. Maybe get some exercise in so that you can fall asleep at a normal time. A long swimming session makes me hungry before it puts me right to sleep. If you don't have a schedule, then resolve to do better, if you want, and live it up.

yes i was thinking same thing here, unfortunately the gym and swimming is closed for easter. I could go on a long walk, or tidy until im exhausted..

I like swimming because it's low-impact,so you don't feel the exertion very much, and you can do it off and on for hours, but when it's said and done, you distributed a lot of exercise across your entire body and burned a lot of calories. Maybe a long bicycle ride?

The only routine thing I do is go to work, which even that I find distressing sometimes, not the job itself but just the routine of it. I seem to hate routine.

I still find it difficult to continue a chain of tasks. But I do make my bed every day. Neatly, I should say :)

We all have days where tasks don't get done. It's okay.

I second walking, if you live in a nice area. I have lots of hills so I'm always going up and down...rolling down sometimes...

I still find it difficult to continue a chain of tasks. But I do make my bed every day. Neatly, I should say :)
What kind of chains of tasks? I've heard that, something to do with executive dysfunction. I'm not sure I have it..

We all have days where tasks don't get done. It's okay.

I second walking, if you live in a nice area. I have lots of hills so I'm always going up and down...rolling down sometimes...
I love to walk around my area! I struggle to get to the country side, should look at some bus services

What kind of chains of tasks? I've heard that, something to do with executive dysfunction. I'm not sure I have it..
I thought somebody had posted a video of the military person recommending making your bed because then you can continue doing things. It was probably in another post. Anyhow, the idea is that sometimes the issue is getting started, but once you accomplish one tasks is easier to continue... It does work sometimes.

Ah yes. A journey of a 1000 miles begins with a single step. (Imagine that inspiring quote set to a picture of nature, maybe some mountains lol)

New Threads

Top Bottom