1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

awful dates

Discussion in 'Love, Relationships and Dating' started by paloftoon, Jul 19, 2019.

1. paloftoon

paloftoon Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I know you guys would want an update. So, I attempted to contact him one last time, with text messages 3-4 days apart to leave some breathing room. He responded to the 2nd one saying he didn't see the first one earlier. He explained his schedule briefly and I explained to him why I wanted to have the phone conversation. He seemed to understand my point of view and also explained that he will be very direct with me. I didn't get a chance to tell him that I didn't know him well enough to know that he would be direct and straightforward with me as many people are not. I did tell him that I have attempted to and will still try to be the same way. I think he could sense that. I did tell him it's a good sign that we are still talking. Then I had said all I wanted to say and he didn't have anything else to say. I knew he was feeling tired and needed to do more work. So, I let him go. There's a good chance this will end up being a quality, platonic friend at least if not more. Currently, we are both interested in possibly more than that though.

2. Aeolienne

Aeolienne Well-Known Member

What's so hilarious?

3. tlc

tlc The Mackinac Bridge and U.P. is my happy place.

I've had zero luck dating in person, but at least some luck online dating. At least online I get to know a little about the person first, and at least know they are actually looking for a date to begin with.