• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

autistic man with autistic girlfriend, hello!

anon843723

Hello, everyone.

I'm an autistic man (self-diagnosed) with a highly functioning autistic girlfriend. It was very difficult for me to understand any part of her behavior or the way she went about her relationship with me until I finally read about autism, which explained everything that happened with me so far.

It is a challenge for me every day, but I am glad to find a forum where others also discuss their everyday life and issues.

Hi. What was hard to understand for you? For me sometimes the need for regular contact with my exes and affection but also some frustrated aversion to opposite views, can't discuss a lot on such a topic.

Hello, everyone.

I'm an autistic man (self-diagnosed) with a highly functioning autistic girlfriend. It was very difficult for me to understand any part of her behavior or the way she went about her relationship with me until I finally read about autism, which explained everything that happened with me so far.

It is a challenge for me every day, but I am glad to find a forum where others also discuss their everyday life and issues.
Welcome, it greatly helped me as well when I came to forums like these, and figured what it means to be Autistic. I also found an Autistic woman whom I believe I'm meant to have relationship with, and ultimately marry and have kids; things are slow but we get along very well, namely because we share the same interests, Theology, Philosophy, art, culture and Religion.

I had an ex who was an atheist like me, engaged for a while, but our view of life and values, experiences were greatly different. So we didn't match.

On the other hand my best friend is an atheist but we share a lot of other views about being active about it and other many views and honors of life.

welcome to af.png

Hi and welcome. Yes, relationships are a thing many here find tricky. I hope you find discussions here to be useful and supportive.

Hello, everyone.

Hello there! I'm autistic with a fiancee who is pretty sure they have ADHD. At first I too was curious about the behaviour, especially early on in our relationship (and they too have had immense trouble with me due to my unknown autism) but...eventually we've got it all figured out. Some days, though, for both of us, are easier or harder than others. Some days it's smooth; others, a struggle.

New Threads

Top Bottom