• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

autistic friend being abused

I am so so sorry to hear about your friend. I too had a friend dear to my heart who was bullied as a child, because of the quirks that came with his Aspergers. The consequences of this bullying followed him into adulthood, and it makes things hard for him sometimes.

Leaving home is the hardest thing to do when it is all you've known. I grew up in a household with no emotional support. When I was bullied in school, my parents asked me why I allowed other kids to bully me. It was a slap in the face twice. Even so, I cried when I left home for the first time. It was still sentimental (albeit hard to explain). But I'm happier than ever now and I would never go back.

Keep in close contact with him. The good news is that he is 18. Sometimes having a plan can motivate us to see the light at the end of the tunnel in situations. He can save up $ and get a bus ticket out of town. Does he have any close friends who he can stay with until he gets on his feet? Encourage him to leave this abusive environment, even though it will be difficult. The greatest things in life are the hardest to obtain.

You are both in my thoughts <3.

Are there any disability oriented organizations in his town or in another town near his? Some organizations specialize particularly in helping disabled people become independent.

Been abused most my life, mentally,physically and sexually, we make easy targets, got depression and ptsd over it and combating it all, trying to harden up and just move on and cry in private.Biggest challenge is losing a mother figure during thr holidays so holding my emmotions in and maybe cry in private so i dont get ridiculed.

Are there any disability oriented organizations in his town or in another town near his? Some organizations specialize particularly in helping disabled people become independent.
They are rare and hard to come by, I learn to try to harden up and not trust anyone and just survive.

I really doubt it. Those don't exist unless you're severely autistic. I haven't heard from him in a while, I wonder if Daddy didn't cut the internet. He said that despite the fact he's eighteen, his parents track his every movement on the internet.

New Threads

Top Bottom