• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistic academic autistic needed

Gene mutations have drove evolution for 4 billion years, the organisms have got ever more complex but the concept itself has been unchanged. Obviously looking at life on the earth it has been successfull but what I am proposing is the separate memetic evolution which having evolved along side us for 8k years has reached a point in which it is now creating it's own non biological mainframe to exist outside of human biology (where memetics have been enslaved), technology is growing exponentially, increasingly we are relying more on computers etc, trimming waste. Seriously how long until we recognise the biology as our biggest weakness? When you consider we are born genetically as a blank canvas and we learn everything that we regard makes us ourselves from the language you think to the favourite song you have, none of this is unique to you and none of this is genetically wired in you, we take this from our culture, we are a cell in a body which can be both national or cultural, I think therefore I am! That means it's what my cuture inputs and conditions me to believe that defines me, these beliefs could be transferred to computer but would that make me any less human? I'm a memetic being in a genetic vessel.
And yet, Chimpanzees, who have gone through no "cultural revolution" have well developed speech centers. Chimpanzees also use memes. They are also separated from us by some 4,992,000 years of pre-"cultural revolution" evolution.
And so the connections you attempt to draw are filamentous, and partially explanatory, at best.
A more plausible, comprehensive model would also have underpinnings in evolutionary psychology so as to clarify issues of correlation and causation. Biological psychology, behavior genetics, and neuroscience would all be good subjects to have a grasp of, as well, if you are to deflect criticism(s).
For what it's worth, I see the direction you are thinking in.
I think that you would receive harsh criticisms for the above listed reasons and already established areas of study that investigate information and language, respectively.
The test of a theory is predictive power, visible and repeatable in the here and now, or, at least documentation of it having already occurred historically.
So, what can your theory predict more accurately and more reliably than existing models? How can I prove your assertion(s) for myself?
What distinction(s) to the present understanding(s) do you wish to point out or correct?
In what way will your clarification(s) change our understanding of evolution?

These are all questions you will have to anticipate in order to publish academically.
I would recommend practicing APA Citation use, to sharpen your perception of what is entailed in presenting a thesis, and the ways in which one must proactively defend it.

May you be well.

sidd

Exactly the type of response I wanted, with regards to how it will effect current theors of evolution, genetically not slot bit it's the recognision of the separate evolutionary linkage . For me the proof is all around, like how the cellular world scales up to create the world in which we inhabit we essentially via our minds/ gadgets/ technology/ cultures nations we essentially exist as cogs of larger memetic sub structures or nations, religions, ideologys etc (none of which exist outside the human mind.). Unlike the cell in your body tho you can be a cell in multiple sub structures at once because the main driver is memetic (intelligence per say). These sub structures tho are in no way mine or yours invention, the words we are discussing this subject as given to you by the culture you grew up in. We are genetically identical (near on at least) with everyother human on the planet today and every modern human before. The differences in all people ideolegies religion and languages etc exist outside of genetics is we learn them. Genetically we are not evolving to any great degree yet culturally we are exponentially growing to the point you owe your personality to the culture. You borrow it to a degree and it will exist after you, I'm not trying to change the word tho I just want to fully articulate my ideas

And yet, Chimpanzees, who have gone through no "cultural revolution" have well developed speech centers. Chimpanzees also use memes. They are also separated from us by some 4,992,000 years of pre-"cultural revolution" evolution.
And so the connections you attempt to draw are filamentous, and partially explanatory, at best.
A more plausible, comprehensive model would also have underpinnings in evolutionary psychology so as to clarify issues of correlation and causation. Biological psychology, behavior genetics, and neuroscience would all be good subjects to have a grasp of, as well, if you are to deflect criticism(s).
For what it's worth, I see the direction you are thinking in.
I think that you would receive harsh criticisms for the above listed reasons and already established areas of study that investigate information and language, respectively.
The test of a theory is predictive power, visible and repeatable in the here and now, or, at least documentation of it having already occurred historically.
So, what can your theory predict more accurately and more reliably than existing models? How can I prove your assertion(s) for myself?
What distinction(s) to the present understanding(s) do you wish to point out or correct?
In what way will your clarification(s) change our understanding of evolution?

These are all questions you will have to anticipate in order to publish academically.
I would recommend practicing APA Citation use, to sharpen your perception of what is entailed in presenting a thesis, and the ways in which one must proactively defend it.

May you be well.

sidd

I do agree tho with regards to you chimpanzee statement that not just chimpanzees but many animals have bordered on memtic thought, memetics were essentially created by genetics by natural selection to serve the genetics and for the most part on the animal kingdom the genetics keep the memetics under control, in us the memetics took a yard and we are now at a point where our genetics are effectively controlled by our combined memetics. We edit DNA, swap and create organs, clone and create organs, we change ourselves to some degree or another to suit the cultural sub structures unlike any animal on the planet.

I do agree tho with regards to you chimpanzee statement that not just chimpanzees but many animals have bordered on memtic thought, memetics were essentially created by genetics by natural selection to serve the genetics and for the most part on the animal kingdom the genetics keep the memetics under control, in us the memetics took a yard and we are now at a point where our genetics are effectively controlled by our combined memetics. We edit DNA, swap and create organs, clone and create organs, we change ourselves to some degree or another to suit the cultural sub structures unlike any animal on the planet.
Not only do chimpanzees use fully developed and expressed memes, but all great apes do. Female gorillas that want a tryst with a rogue male position themselves so that the silverback cannot see the rogue male, but can see the female. She will then drop a leaf from her mouth while looking in the direction of the rogue, and when witnessed by the silverback, it seems like an ordinary, innocent, everyday happening. It has different import for the rogue. It means that the female will sneak to him for that tryst. If they are not discovered, their offspring may even survive, if the female also mates with the silverback soon enough, but not too soon, after the rogue male. So, you see, memes are already in demonstrably complete form in the animal kingdom. Dogs, octopi, birds, and many other animals use memes as well, but not with the sophistication of the great apes.
I salute your understanding, it is insightful, but it is already a well established field of study.
You would do well to study as many related fields of study to memes, their evolution, and use, as is possible. This will help you "flesh out " your ideas, creating new associations and realizations.

I hope some day to have the opportunity to read your thesis.

sidd

Last edited:
Not only do chimpanzees use fully developed and expressed memes, but all great apes do. Female gorillas that want a tryst with a rogue male position themselves so that the silverback cannot see the rogue male, but can see the female. She will then drop a leaf from her mouth while looking in the direction of the rogue, and when witnessed by the silverback, it seems like an ordinary, innocent, everyday happening. It has different import for the rogue. It means that the female will sneak to him for that tryst. If they are not discovered, their offspring may even survive, if the female also mates with the silverback soon enough, but not too soon, after the rogue male. So, you see, memes are already in demonstrably complete form in the animal kingdom. Dogs, octopi, birds, and many other animals use memes as well, but not with the sophistication of the great apes.
I salute your understanding, it is insightful, but it is already a well established field of study.
You would do well to study as many related fields of study to memes, their evolution, and use, as is possible. This will help you "flesh out " your ideas, creating new associations and realizations.

I hope some day to have the opportunity to read your thesis.

sidd
Thank you for your response I find it very insightful. Furthering your explanation crows, dolphins and many other monkey/ ape species or even meercats who as it goes have different calls depending on what angle the threat is approaching and what type of threat is it is, (they also fake it sometimes and steal the food for themselves lol) which is a basic form of language you could even argue the exchange of Information between different fungi/ slim moulds equally qualify as a primative language but for me the difference is in its inability to create abstract thought, is using a known signal to inform your fellow animal to a threat really any differennt to your eye telling your brain of incoming danger? Every other animal even between Indiviuals only relays information, it's an extension of what the individual cells in your body do for each other for the greater good. The difference with us is our ability to abstractly think and prepare, ponder situations or problems not imminent or even sometimes likely, for me this is the moment memetics broke free and gained the free rain required to begin its own lineage, it was no longer under control. Once free via language then written words and finally computers memetics began conditioning the genetic animals which gave birth to it in the first place, the memetic structures developed over the milenium dictate not only how we think but who we can aspire to become.

Sorry I have been away working, is anybody interested in helping write my ideas? I cannot do them alone and I fear the day I will look back and regret not expressing myself and what I believe. I'm not looking for a free ride and I am willing to financially reimburse whoever helps me.

Regards,

Jason prevett

To reiterate the moment memetics broke free is the moment language allowed memes and memetic evolution to happen outside of the human mind in stories or fables (then later word and computing). Although yelling the stories (perhaps about the begining of time) requires individuals to tell them they exist outside of a single mind, it becomes a separate collective knowledge, a knowledge which in turn conditions new members of a tribe, suddenly theses United stories form the backbone of the society's early people live in, ever since people have grown up conditioned by whatever superstition there parants/ peers where conditioned by. This obviously led to religion/ nationalism etc etc. This is very different to an animal relaying real time Information.

Thank you for your response I find it very insightful. Furthering your explanation crows, dolphins and many other monkey/ ape species or even meercats who as it goes have different calls depending on what angle the threat is approaching and what type of threat is it is, (they also fake it sometimes and steal the food for themselves lol) which is a basic form of language you could even argue the exchange of Information between different fungi/ slim moulds equally qualify as a primative language but for me the difference is in its inability to create abstract thought, is using a known signal to inform your fellow animal to a threat really any differennt to your eye telling your brain of incoming danger? Every other animal even between Indiviuals only relays information, it's an extension of what the individual cells in your body do for each other for the greater good. The difference with us is our ability to abstractly think and prepare, ponder situations or problems not imminent or even sometimes likely, for me this is the moment memetics broke free and gained the free rain required to begin its own lineage, it was no longer under control. Once free via language then written words and finally computers memetics began conditioning the genetic animals which gave birth to it in the first place, the memetic structures developed over the milenium dictate not only how we think but who we can aspire to become.

New Threads

Top Bottom