• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistic academic autistic needed

Jason Prevett

Hi, I need someone acedemically minded to help word my personal theory's on autism, it's memetic v genetic origens, the reason for its development and what caused it to spread amount the general populous. I believe the memetic v genetic divide is the cause and drive of not only human technological advancements but is also the cause of all/ or at least most known mental disorders. Autism is unique and the labels we apply are nothing more than labels we use to easily navigate the problem. Anyone wishing to learn more please message me and I will do my best to respond.

Regards

Jason prevett

Why do you need that?
What do you plan to do once you have such assistance?

What is the basis of your personal theory?
Through what process has it developed?

I need someone to help express my views in an articulate manner. My theory's in a nutshell (which is in itself hard to express in a single email) begin with the origins of autism itself, basically I see this as the genetic memtic split that began at least with the cultural Revolution. Pre human all social animals evolved with genetic oriented packs, social systems and normalities drive group mentality and is an evolution of genetic evolution in itself, the being evolves from one generation to the next. Somewhere humans (in my mind ) during the cultural Revolution (maybe before) began evoking memetially, forming language culture etc unlike any previous genetic oriented animal. For the first time in 4 billion years being genetically superior (muscle, mass etc) didn't garuntee dominance. Memetics or at least abstract thaught allowed some men to dominate through greater tools or logic. This explains why autism is generally more definitive in males because the first autistic people expended social abilities to facilitate the new found logic making then social outcasts. Only a big man who could dominate a pack could afford to be so socially awkward, hence why generally only big men could achieve the dominance required to spread there seed, weaker women or males even with the same trait who couldn't dominate the entire tribe were austrasised as they could not socially fit in as required by all other members. This genetic drive prioritised dominant males with logic who in turn created greater culture/ society etc.

I have many further theory's regarding its implications on today's culture and people and again on the future of intelligence

Again I have had to snippet a small section to gain interest but am willing to speak anytime.

Regards,

Jason prevett

The idea that autism affects males more than females is rather in doubt these days, there's quite a lot of recent literature about that. Try Jessica Kingsley publishers for some useful and readable texts on this area. It's usually pretty difficult to get credence for ideas if you don't have academic credentials, have you considered doing some academic study leading to relevant qualifications?

The idea that autism affects males more than females is rather in doubt these days, there's quite a lot of recent literature about that. Try Jessica Kingsley publishers for some useful and readable texts on this area. It's usually pretty difficult to get credence for ideas if you don't have academic credentials, have you considered doing some academic study leading to relevant qualifications?

I'm not saying that it effects more or or less women, social disparity within society since the birth of civilization means it would have spread amongst civilized people as a whole what I'm saying is the original genetic mutation was driven prodominanantly by dominant males ana big men, who in turn led to kings. As civilization spread the genetic adaptations evolved with society across all society but like all evolutionary advances the foundations still remain in the source

Memetics is the study of information and culture based on an analogy with Darwinian evolution. Proponents describe memetics as an approach to evolutionary models of cultural information transfer. Memetics describes how an idea can propagate successfully, but doesn't necessarily imply a concept is factual. Critics contend the theory is "untested, unsupported or incorrect"
Memetics - Wikipedia

Memetics is a separation from genetic evolution and now existis alongside genetic evolution. Since the cultural Revolution with the spoken work memetic evolution has been evolving exponentially in real time fast outpassing the genetic vessels, moors law dictates that computing power doubles every 18 months but I see this as an extension of memetic evolution dating back to the birth of language. I also see our memetic intelligence is quickly separating itself from the biological throwbacks it was confined within. I believe the reason we can't see aliens is because Intelligence very quickly looses it's feeble biological prison. Without the constraints of biological life intelligence can live exponentially and on a scale unfathomable to is biological beings, we are like the first fish walking on land, clumsy and I'll suited, but like the fish our intelligence will quickly looses it's genetic throwback. Life has always scaled up like the single cell who over 4 billion years colinated the world, the next stage is probably living above us unbeknown to ourselves,

Memetics is the study of information and culture based on an analogy with Darwinian evolution. Proponents describe memetics as an approach to evolutionary models of cultural information transfer. Memetics describes how an idea can propagate successfully, but doesn't necessarily imply a concept is factual. Critics contend the theory is "untested, unsupported or incorrect"
Memetics - Wikipedia

I'd go further and say memetics as a separate line of evolution and the conflict from the disparity these separate evolutionary lineages is the cause of autism, it's the inability to fluctuate between the genetic (emotional) and the memetic (logical). Norms can flick between these with ease whereas autistic people are stuck within there spectrum. Wether it's the lone geek who can't hold a conversation or the mindless criminal who treats his whole life as a joke. Because memetics is such a new adaptation we are yet to weedle out the flaws, same as we are prone to bad backs.

That's interesting, but I guess we each have to wonder if we are sufficiently qualified to have ruled out other variables before we launch our ideas academically. However, this is already an idea floating in science fiction, try reading some of Philip Reeves books. I recommend the Railhead series.

Actually, I have my own theory which is has more to do with intermixing of vastly different populations and resulting gene mutations. For example I have tested for and studied my known problem gene mutations, which oddly I share with an individual who lived 5300 years ago. So my question is are these true gene mutations if someone had the same genes 5300 years ago? Or, is it a matter of people genetically different mating.

Gene mutations have drove evolution for 4 billion years, the organisms have got ever more complex but the concept itself has been unchanged. Obviously looking at life on the earth it has been successfull but what I am proposing is the separate memetic evolution which having evolved along side us for 8k years has reached a point in which it is now creating it's own non biological mainframe to exist outside of human biology (where memetics have been enslaved), technology is growing exponentially, increasingly we are relying more on computers etc, trimming waste. Seriously how long until we recognise the biology as our biggest weakness? When you consider we are born genetically as a blank canvas and we learn everything that we regard makes us ourselves from the language you think to the favourite song you have, none of this is unique to you and none of this is genetically wired in you, we take this from our culture, we are a cell in a body which can be both national or cultural, I think therefore I am! That means it's what my cuture inputs and conditions me to believe that defines me, these beliefs could be transferred to computer but would that make me any less human? I'm a memetic being in a genetic vessel.

Gene mutations have drove evolution for 4 billion years, the organisms have got ever more complex but the concept itself has been unchanged. Obviously looking at life on the earth it has been successfull but what I am proposing is the separate memetic evolution which having evolved along side us for 8k years has reached a point in which it is now creating it's own non biological mainframe to exist outside of human biology (where memetics have been enslaved), technology is growing exponentially, increasingly we are relying more on computers etc, trimming waste. Seriously how long until we recognise the biology as our biggest weakness? When you consider we are born genetically as a blank canvas and we learn everything that we regard makes us ourselves from the language you think to the favourite song you have, none of this is unique to you and none of this is genetically wired in you, we take this from our culture, we are a cell in a body which can be both national or cultural, I think therefore I am! That means it's what my cuture inputs and conditions me to believe that defines me, these beliefs could be transferred to computer but would that make me any less human? I'm a memetic being in a genetic vessel.

You have obviously thought about this a great deal. This is just a subject I not knowledgeable about to comment on.

I could speak for hours but I'm not academical in any sense of the word. What I require is someone who obviously I'll reimburse etc to take my connected ideas and try to make some sort of sensible understandable thesis

Last edited:
What do you plan to do with this written material, for which
you are seeking a person to assist you in composing?

What do you plan to do with this written material, for which
you are seeking a person to assist you in composing?

Primary I just want to word everything that I believe in a way that it is legible, I'm not looking to win a Nobel prize but I want proof even if it's only for myself that I thought this. I have spoken to intellects and criminals off my nut etc and people say expecially my memetic v genetic ideas and how they explain not only people or religion but even politics, how the the Hindus were right with the theory's of yin and Yang, apply the same logic to today and it explains left and right politics and how no side ever wins. Primarily because both sides are right, from there own view point. Left/ labour/ democrat etc is a genetic orientated view point of the world (Genetic) whereas right/ conservative / democrat beliefs are prodominanantly memetic orientated. Nobody ever wins because in there own way (viewed from either genetic or memetic) each is correct and the other seems redicoulos. This is not the cause of political differences but simply the effect/symptom. Because we live in a culture where both are respected (and nessisary for proper mental health) most people agree we need some sort of a mixture of both, for most people it's weather you are center left or center right although autistic people are more likely to be an extreme because what separates norms and autistics is norms can fluctuate between both evolutions autistic people can't fluctuate, where they become fixed on the spectrum which is so diverse it's near on impossible to define each posible outcome and although autistic can move where they stand in the spectrum it is a slow process, simply because they can't turn a blind eye to facts that counter there beliefs in the way a Christian can ignore literature that doesn't suit there mindset. Autism tho I honestly believe is so much deeper that recognised, I believe prisons are full of autistic people, reckless criminals who at first seem mental but when you understand your regular autistic (sic) who hides in his room and fears the world (he can only see the world one way) who Equally is normally always middle or upper class (individuals who have the space and life to be able to retreat) is only one side of a coin. The flip is reckless criminals in and out of jail (without reason) who for society it's easy to dismiss as criminals and who for the most part come from the working classes. Autism is not a middle class problem, genetically there should be exual amounts across society, the difference is the working class autistic had nowhere to retreat and faced with the same inability to fluctuate emotionally treat there intire life as a joke (as opposed to taking it all seriously) it's about taking control, even if it means they go into bigger trouble at least they controlled that switch for the worst.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain what "memetic" means using different words? I got nothin'.

although autistic can move where they stand in the spectrum it is a slow process, simply because they can't turn a blind eye to facts that counter there beliefs in the way a Christian can ignore literature that doesn't suit there mindset.

What about an autistic Christian? *brain explodes*

Can anyone explain what "memetic" means using different words? I got nothin'.

What about an autistic Christian? *brain explodes*

Generally speaking there are variables on all fronts but autistic religious people are far more prone to extremities because they generally take the scriptures literally, they are one of the most at risk people in society. That's not to say that all are like this, it is just more likely

New Threads

Top Bottom