• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism therapist impersonator threatened with jail

It wouldn't let me read the article:

"451 Unavailable For Legal Reasons
Sorry, this content is not available in your region."

It wouldn't let me read the article:

"451 Unavailable For Legal Reasons
Sorry, this content is not available in your region."

"TAMFORD — With no job and a paltry $240 check in the mail, a Stamford judge on Wednesday told a woman who passed herself off as an autism therapist that she had better pay $4,700 in restitution by mid October, or he will sentence her to prison.

Judge Gary White told Stacy Lore, 42, that she looked like a “con artist” standing next to her defense attorney in a courtroom at the Stamford courthouse and said that the two families that hired her to help their autistic sons have been made to wait too long to be paid back by her.

“I’m thinking about the victims. They have been waiting for eight long years,” White said. “She has been running a game on everyone here.”

Lore was convicted of first-degree larceny and sent to jail for three years in 2010 for taking $34,000 from the two families who employed her to work with their autistic sons. After five years of probation, where she was required to pay the two families back the money they paid to her, she paid only $242, sometimes sending checks as little as a dollar or two to Margaret Kozlark and Kim Tromba, the mothers she defrauded.

In July, Lore’s family put up $25,000 and Lore was released from jail after pleading guilty to failure to appear in court and admitting that she violated probation by not paying the families back. But since that time, Lore was supposed to have a job and come up with more than the $240 her attorney Howard Ehring said she has mailed in for restitution.

Ehring explained that Lore wasn’t working because with her criminal record she would only be able to get a minimum wage job and that is not enough to pay for her three children’s day care. Ehring told White that the plan was for Lore to move in with her parents and save $850 per month and could pay the rest of her $4,700 in restitution off in a matter of months. The state is holding a $3,600 cash bond that Lore paid earlier that will be put toward the restitution total.

But White was having none of it. With Supervisory Assistant State’s Attorney Paul Ferencek objecting to the plan, White chimed in saying he did not even see a plan.

“The plan is, ‘I’ll pay it when I get it,’ ” he said.

White said Lore was to come back to court on Oct. 17 with the rest of the money and he will sentence her for the failure to appear and violation of probation on that day."

I can't tell from Googling. Does she have a history of other deliberate cons, or did she truly misbelieve herself to be so qualified?

She needs to pay the families back, ASAP. I found a few more articles about this case. She received $34,000. Where is this money? She also seems to have a long and glorious history of not showing up for court appearances. Why is she allowed to run around loose? Her lawyer says she can't find decent work because of her criminal record. Well, DUH! If you don't want to have these problems, don't commit crimes.

New Threads

Top Bottom