• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism specific care company in Sheffield, England?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
I currently get support daily from a National company with an Office in a local Church, for 27 hours per week, which works well, but the Support Manager is a nightmare, she never answers her phone or responds to emails, and I've been trying to contact her for weeks to discuss various issues which I can't go into on here.

With this in mind, I am half considering looking for a new company in the new year, even though I'd lose the care of the people who work for them, some of whom I've become good friends with, this issue with the lack of contact/communication breakdown with the Manager is NOT acceptable.

I've been scouring Google for weeks on this issue without any luck. Does anyone know any good companies?

*Edited company name out to avoid legal difficulties*

Last edited:
Have you tried contacting the Support Manager's boss?
Or is the Support Manager the highest ranking worker in the organization?

Have you tried contacting the Support Manager's boss?
Or is the Support Manager the highest ranking worker in the organization?

She basically IS the Boss, I've tried speaking to the people in their Office, but they just tell me to ring her on the mobile, which I've been trying to do all week for the last month, but she's never available to talk to, and she doesn't respond to emails either.

She keeps saying she's "Not in the Office".

I could, in theory, contact their London based Head Office, but heads would roll if I did, including mine probably, so I'd rather not go that route unless I absolutely have to.

Last edited:
If what you are trying to contact her about is something that's
supposed to be dealt with at a lower level, her constant lack of
response to you may indicate that the matter is delegated to
be handled at a lower level.

Higher-ups don't involve themselves with front line worker situations
unless there is a large problem/violation going on.

The supervisor/manager normally does not want to deal with the client.
The supervisor/manager wants the worker to deal with the client.

What sort of situation are you trying to talk about with the supervisor/manager?
===
I see you have edited Post#3 to say that you're reluctant to go over the
manager's head.

If what you are trying to contact her about is something that's
supposed to be dealt with at a lower level, her constant lack of
response to you may indicate that the matter is delegated to
be handled at a lower level.

Higher-ups don't involve themselves with front line worker situations
unless there is a large problem/violation going on.

The supervisor/manager normally does not want to deal with the client.
The supervisor/manager wants the worker to deal with the client.

What sort of situation are you trying to talk about with the supervisor/manager?
===
I see you have edited Post#3 to say that you're reluctant to go over the
manager's head.

At a basic level, without going into too much detail, they owe me several hours of care because they've turned round and said they had "no staff" on certain days they were meant to care for me, I wouldn't mind but towards the end, my previous care company used to do that to me a lot, and it was brought up at the last review but the nature of care companies is that they do have limited staff because nobody wants to work 60 hours a week for slightly above minimum wage.

If I was to move into residential care where staff are there 24/7, that wouldn't be as much of an issue, but I'm 41, nowhere near old enough to go to that kind of place, plus I've been in respite in similar places before, the staff are so "busy" they don't do anything with you, just leave you to vegetate in front of the TV, either that or I was in my room playing Xbox, why pay to go in respite to do something I do in my own Home anyway?

Plus I refuse on principle to go into residential care until I absolutely have to, for instance if anything happens to my Parents, or I become one of those old guys who don't even know what Planet they're on half the time.

And even worse, like I said in the topic in the Politics section, post-Brexit I probably won't have any rights as a disabled adult in the UK anyway.

New Threads

Top Bottom