• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism Forums Friendship Corner

Nightingale121

he/him | they/them
There is the so-called "Aspies Central Dating Corner" in the Love, Relationship and Dating section of the forum, which can be found here: Aspies Central Dating Corner

However, there's no thread like this for friendships (or at least no easy to find sticky thread like the Dating Corner). So I thought that this could be a good idea.

If people see someone they like who is compatible with them, then they can talk with that person and start a PM conversation with them to pursue a deeper friendship.

The template below is copied from the thread I mentioned and was changed to fit the purpose of forming a friendship rather than a relationship.

When filling out the template, if you don't feel comfortable giving a piece of information, then don't give it. Only give as much information as you are comfortable providing.
You can also add some more information if you like to and think that it isn't covered by the fields of the template. I added the field "Additional Information" at the end for this purpose.

Template
Username:
Obsessions/Interests: Naming your obsessions or interests might be a good way for you to connect with someone if they share those things with you.
Desired Friend Characteristics: What are you looking for in a friend?
Self-Description: A brief description of yourself and who you are. Try to be as descriptive as possible while at the same time being concise, fitting as much information as you can into as short a description as possible. Remember, you can always tell the person more about you later.
Additional Information: Is there anything else you would like to add?

I'll start it off with a bang

Username: Isadoorian, Isa for short
Obsessions/Interests: Reading, Cooking, Baking, Vdieo/Card/Tabletop games, light exercise, Tech (mainly Computer related),
Desired Friend Characteristics: Just someone who's into the same things or similar; Female preferable as I at times get along better with women than guys, but guys are welcome as well!
Self-Description: I can be fairly humorous if I see an opportunity and will listen to peoples issues, terrible for giving advice though, dunno what else to add here
Additional Information: Don't think there's anything else to add that I can think of

Username: Butterfly88, but call me Butterfly
Obsessions/Interests: Playing word games, collecting postcards, doing art, animal rights
Desired Friend Characteristics: Nonjudgemental and caring people, preferably around my age
Self-Description: I'm caring, nonjudgmental, and try to be a good listener.
Additional Information: Nothing that I can think of right now

Username: just Dillon or call me DMAN is you’d like
Obsessions/Interests: Making art/drawings, fishing, listening to metal music, and love biology
Desired Friend Characteristics: respectful and caring are the main ones.
Self Description: motivated, caring person. I have a odd sense of humor that doesn’t make sense sometimes.
Additional Information: majoring in marine biology and a minoring in
ocean and coastal resources where I want to work as a shark conservationist and manage the coastal environment. Ask me more if you’d like!

Username: Kay
Obsessions/Interests: Travel, tent camping, hiking, prairies, my bunnies, art (exp: Paul Klee, Ralph Steadman, Berkeley Breathed, and others) drawing and painting, Quakerism, fishing, free cookies, I like bugs, snakes, ect.. .
Desired Friend Characteristics: Nice, moderate, curious, oddly humored, generally peculiar
Self-Description: anxious, odd, over-thinker, curious, teetotaler, tend to have the "wrong" opinion, bit of a Luddite, oblivious of pop culture and trends, liberal but not radical, pacifist.
Additional Information: I actually got married in March which surprised me because I never thought I'd do anything like that, would rather live in Canada or Scotland, have seen the world's largest ball of twine in person. I generally prefer the company of men and particularly those 20+ older than me, I don't play computer games or watch Netflix and know nothing about magna, cosplay, or role play games. I do know who Lenny Bruce is.

Username: RiverSong
Species: Human, Time Lord
Obsessions: Doctor Who, Loki, Sherlock, Marvel, comics, music, PC gaming.
Interests: Memes, tech, coding, anime, movies, bingeing tv shows, books, writing.

Desired Friend Characteristics: I'm not sure. I'm not the best when it comes to making and keeping friends online or offline.

I tend to treat friendships like houseplants. I might be interested at first, wanting to learn more about this new plant I get to care for. But suddenly life happens, there's distractions, and some time later I realize I haven't watered or cared for the plant at all. It's just withered and died.

Then I feel bad, like I'm not worthy of caring for any plants. I just end up killin- I mean, losing them. But I think I'd like to try again with a more positive outlook. I guess what I'm trying to say is if you're more of a cactus than a fern, we might get along well.

Self-Description: I'm not good at describing myself or being brief. I've been told I'm quirky, weird, and too blunt. I like to joke around, have a dark sense of humor, and I can seem immature. I often make movie or TV references in conversations that no one gets. I'm an expert in the art of the awkward conversation.

I tend to be interested in things most women my age shun. I'm nerdy, not into fashion, don't wear makeup, but I am obbessive about my hair. I've been accused of being overly neat and organized to a fault but my day-to-day life is much of a mess.

I enjoy deep discussions about life but also like laughing at SpongeBob memes. I'm currently in the phase of my life where I feel like a fake adult. I'm not at the bar/level where I should be with the other grown-ups. I'm actually doing the bare minimum to skirt by in their world.

Additional Information: I'd be happy to have male/female friends. However, I tend to get along better with guys. Most women don't like me for some reason. I'm still trying to figure out why. o_O

I'm in a relationship going on 5 years with my geeky boyfriend, who is quite possibly on the spectrum too. I am not professionally diagnosed. Just sorta figuring things out as I go.

Username: breezy
Obsessions/Interests:
shadowhunters, harry potter, hunger games, almost anything magic related, distance running, quilling, and swimming
Self-Description: im an athlete and a bookworm. im a fairly open person so i wont mind if someone messages me to vent .

Username Mr Allen
Age 42
Gender M
Obsessions/Interests Video gaming (particularly Xbox, I hate Sony and I'm too old for Nintendo now), PC based web browsing and programming, Martial Arts, swimming, snooker and pool, 10 pin Bowling, and Cosplay/Dressing up.
Self Description Can be quite comical sometimes, but sometimes also a bit grumpy, easy to get on with in most cases, and contrary to popular belief, I am NOT workshy, I just can't get a job!

USERNAME REXI
GENDER FEMALE
AGE 27
LOCATION TRANSYLVANIA (ROMANIA)
INTERESTS Plants, animals, health, science, alien life, artificial life, planet environments and their changes, butterflies, caterpillars, earthworms, spiders, wiggly and hairy creatures, dogs, relationships, psychology, autists, colored art, people who are caring and invested, cute things, jewelry, hairstyles, life in other countries, food, detective talks, practical tricks, anime, hugs, big geeks, geeky clothed people, people who arent bothered by any discussions except sexual or trauma, people who arent keeping their walls up and can trust, people who arent bothered by disagreements.
SELF-DESCRIPTION Im usually optimistic, can get confused quite a bit so I require quite a bit of patience, I'm easily scared of people who move on too soon and dont value relationships or events, or the people in their life. I can be paranoid and type quite a lot depending on my state and what im feeling. I do rant. I prefer that we can keep in contact pretty often, relationships which distance and cant keep up with the means of contact i have way too many, it gets lonely and I miss these people. Its not easy making friends again and again just to have to start over. Think of having a bestie but not being able to talk to them for weeks, months. Its sad and painful and such a waste.
Im not picky otherwise as long as you dont mess with me at the wrong time. I can be tough to approach if im not able to like your thinking and can feel uncomfortable. Theres a risk i cant be friends then.

Username: Trailblazer24
Obsessions/Interests: National Parks, hiking, cycling, running, swimming, exploring new places, sci-fi movies and TV shows, philosophical discussion, house music (maybe autism related?)
Desired Friend Characteristics: Someone who is thoughtful, considerate, outdoorsy, maybe adventurous.
Self-Description: I'm a recent college grad with a degree in environmental science. I'm into all sorts of outdoor activities and rarely stay inside, probably because I do that enough working in an office. I like to explore new areas and try new things, but I don't like being the center of attention. I also love animals and watching them in their natural habitat. I often watch documentaries about earth science, such as volcanoes, the northern lights, asteroids, and other interesting phenomena.

I am located in central Los Angeles would like to meet someone (straight) to simply talk and have some coffee, i am Aspie 34m.

Username: invisibility003
Obsessions/Interests: Reading, Zentangles and art, animals, geocaching
Desired Friend Characteristics: Non-judgemental, friendly, possibly has similar interests, maybe a similar age...I don't mind which gender, anyone who is nice is fine with me.
Self-Description: I'm quiet, introverted, and non-judgemental. I love to read and I don't mind if anyone want to message me to talk/vent/get to know me whatever :)

Username: breezy
Obsessions/Interests:
shadowhunters, harry potter, hunger games, almost anything magic related, distance running, quilling, and swimming
Self-Description: im an athlete and a bookworm. im a fairly open person so i wont mind if someone messages me to vent .

Hello @Breezy

Have you read the Akarnae series by Lynette Noni, by any chance? It's a good fantasy young adult series, so if you're into Harry Potter and similar I'd recommend that :) The author came to my school several times for the book launches, which was pretty cool. I like reading too.

New Threads

Top Bottom