• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism AQ Test

Ruby

Hi. I have high functioning autism. I was diagnosed when I was 4. I just took the autism AQ test and I got 22 out of 50 (44%). A score of between about 22 & 25 indicates that you have slightly higher than normal autistic traits but aren't autistic. A score of 32+ is official criteria for Aspergers Syndrome. A score of 11-21 is average for the general population. I've also noticed that I don't relate to many autistic traits but I do to some. Some of them I also can relate to a bit but not completely. I am pretty different from the general population though.

My score was 41 or 42 I can't remember, being diagnosed so young it could well be that you are not on the spectrum, if you feel you don't relate to many autistic traits then perhaps you could have another assessment done. Which traits do you / don't you identify with? It could well be that you have a combination of other things such as OCD, Social anxiety disorder, bi-polar, if you are doubting your diagnosis it's worth getting assessed again.

I'm only self diagnosed and I had gotten like a 44 or something (incredibly high) so...maybe you should consider getting assessed again like Kelly stated.

Last edited:
I got a 42 on that one.
I took it a couple times and my score was 39 one of the times, if I remember correctly, and 41 another time.
I was surprised that it was as high as that, and am surprised that it is only one point lower than yours, because while I do consider myself Aspie, I've tended to regard you as being the quintessential Aspie even more than me.

If this is the Baron-Cohen test....I consistently score in the low 30s...

New Threads

Top Bottom