• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism And Long Hair- A Solution I've Found

@Yeshuasdaughter, how's the hair growing? I noticed it's been several months since you started this thread. Are you happy with the results so far?

I love my long hair and I never trim my ends. I do shampoo, although my hair's too oily to not wash & too oily to condition the scalp, but it's a minimal washing. The length & ends I condition and let the conditioner rest a couple of minutes before rinsing--but I don't rinse it fully out, just enough to get rid of the greasy feeling. Once in a while I'll use a mask on the ends. Currently, I'm using Hask products. Most shampoos smell like rug cleaner to me. Hask makes a nice tea tree oil shampoo whose smell I actually like hours after my hair has dried.

I find the temperature of the water has a lot to do with how much body I get, which is kind of important to me as I've got straight-as-a-board hair. The cooler the better. After towel drying, it's a quick spritz with something to detangle & I brush it damp. If the ends feel too dry I might add a touch of oil--but never anything with CBD in it. It grows very slowly so I take vitamin B & sometimes something with biotin in it for strength. Jello is supposed to help, too. I couldn't say--I always forget to buy it.

I am thinking of having it cut for when I start my new job but the idea of removing four years' worth of length is painful. As a former rider, it's kind-of like a status symbol. Horsewomen just don't cut their hair. To do so is kind of taboo.
I just today saw this reply. Sorry about that.

Hask products? Oooh Placenta then? Fancy. That's really good for hair and body.

I had hip length hair at one time, and I really liked Mane and Tail. Growing up in the country, all the ranch girls used Mane and Tail if they could afford it. Long shiny hair. Works great on horses too!

My hair is down past my shoulders now. When it's wet, it straightens out, and it's halfway down my shoulder blades.The longer it gets, the less curly-q spirally it is, and it's just soft waves at the roots.

Still loving using the Wet Brush. I've seen them at Ross for super cheap.

There is a conditioner that you can get from Dollar Tree that works wonders on my hair. It's Softee Brazillian Mango Detoxifying Conditioner. I've never used the shampoo. I only shampoo once every several months. I gently wash with conditioner.

Borax in the bathwater really softens the hair, and relaxes curls. It softens the skin too. Good for eczema. 1 or 2 cups per bath.

I'm thinking of going back to nopoo though. Shampoo with baking soda, rinse, and then condition with vinegar. That really softens and cleans the hair. When it dries it's very shiny. And it doesn't smell like vinegar after it dries at all.

Doin a lot of Henna too. Once every few months. It seems to seal up any split ends, softens hair, and loosens the curl pattern. Plus the shiny natural red-brown from the plant pigments is very pretty.

I'm somewhere between 3a and 3b, it fluctuates and not all strands curl the same way. They form big, loopy curls. Best trick I know is to apply a little flax seed to your wet hair and scrunch it. I haven't done it in a while though...
Right now wintertime and hats have taken their toll, I'm suffering some breakage.

I'm somewhere between 3a and 3b, it fluctuates and not all strands curl the same way. They form big, loopy curls. Best trick I know is to apply a little flax seed to your wet hair and scrunch it. I haven't done it in a while though...
Right now wintertime and hats have taken their toll, I'm suffering some breakage.
flax seed? Like the ground seeds or do you mean the oil? Please explain.

New Threads

Top Bottom