• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism And Epilepsy: The Complex Relationship Between Cognition, Behavior And Seizure

Well thanks. Are we to read it and then comment on it? Or just read it? If it is for reference only I will certain look at it. It sounds very interesting.

Well thanks. Are we to read it and then comment on it? Or just read it? If it is for reference only I will certain look at it. It sounds very interesting.
It's very welcome to discuss here.
I have epilepsy since my first age and doctors have no clue what is going on in my brain.
EEG, MRI and so on, nothing abnormality was discovered. o_O

had some testing (CAT scan, MRI, SPECT, etc) done to find the focus of my seizures. I recall when a neurologist entered the examining room, smiling. I wanted to punch his smiling face. He beamed that the findings of the tests were all normal. He seemed to think that everything was therefore OK. I had had medically refractory seizures for decades prior to having two neurosurgeries which controlled the epilepsy. Just because no abnormality was discovered doesn't necessarily rule out an abnormality. The doctor knows the disease/ condition, but the patient knows himself. Sometimes they intersect.

New Threads

Top Bottom