• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspychata here

why can nobody respect my need to be alone in society?

• l feel sorta the same.....

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • no, no, no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I feel okay to be alone, but society wants me to conform

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Welcome to Autismforums.com, Aspychata!

The news can be bitter and sweet when one is told he/she has autistic traits. You mentioned that you have been in denial. Are your feelings of denial about a diagnosis or were they present prior to diagnosis.

I am assuming you received a professional diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder. In addition, we’re you diagnosed with anything else?

I didn’t “hit the denial pills” maybe as hard as you are but I can relate to the feeling.

We are glad you decided to join the forum. We look forward to learning from your experience.

Again, welcome.
Thank you, l just noticed the guy l see is different but l totally understand him and love those differences then realized those differences are part of my life also. People question me on things that l thought were normal, like taking breaks and pulling back in emotional commitments, being able to concentrate on doing detailed things like looking at obscure computer codings, or needing alone time, or not wishing eye contact, or whatever. So l fall into the spectrum and have decided to embrace that part of me. Do l wish to cut it up, place on a lab slide and under a microscope at this age in my life, (hell no).
Basically go in for testing, not really, but l am more than open to here people's thoughts on this.

Thank you, l just noticed the guy l see is different but l totally understand him and love those differences then realized those differences are part of my life also. People question me on things that l thought were normal, like taking breaks and pulling back in emotional commitments, being able to concentrate on doing detailed things like looking at obscure computer codings, or needing alone time, or not wishing eye contact, or whatever. So l fall into the spectrum and have decided to embrace that part of me. Do l wish to cut it up, place on a lab slide and under a microscope at this age in my life, (hell no).
Basically go in for testing, not really, but l am more than open to hear people's thoughts on this.

Hear or read people's thoughts on being tested at late age for.......

It is my opinion, as more people are professionally diagnosed the statistics that represent the adult autistic community will increase. The larger the stastically represented group is the more legal entities, ecumenical organizations, and society will want to understand better and support more.

Am I wrong?

I believe that as HFA adults, we owe it to our LFA brothers and sisters to do our part to increase understanding, adoption of fact, and support. We HFA have a tough life but our struggles cant even compare to the challenges our LFA friends face.

Am I wrong?

This is my opinion.

New Threads

Top Bottom