• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspychata here

why can nobody respect my need to be alone in society?

• l feel sorta the same.....

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • no, no, no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I feel okay to be alone, but society wants me to conform

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
Just found out l am Asperger thingamagig, one of those at a late age. All this time l thought l was normal, apparently l hit the denial pills hard,

Last edited:
Hi Aspychata :)

welcome to af.png

I don't understand the voting options! :eek:

Humans are social creatures, it's how they've thrived over the centuries. They're also kinda dumb, so if someone isn't like them, they get totally confused and freaked out and panic a little.

It felt weird implying I'm not human, but it felt even weirder including myself so there ya go. :rolleyes:

Welcome! :)

Hi and Welcome.
Like your style with thingamagig!
I'm a late diagnosed thingamagig too. :rolleyes:

Society seems to naturally have a hive mentality.
We just walk to that different drummer beat.
They don't like different.
That can be applied to any group or culture.

Welcome to Autismforums.com, Aspychata!

The news can be bitter and sweet when one is told he/she has autistic traits. You mentioned that you have been in denial. Are your feelings of denial about a diagnosis or were they present prior to diagnosis.

I am assuming you received a professional diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder. In addition, we’re you diagnosed with anything else?

I didn’t “hit the denial pills” maybe as hard as you are but I can relate to the feeling.

We are glad you decided to join the forum. We look forward to learning from your experience.

Again, welcome.

New Threads

Top Bottom