• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspies Central couples/friends/etc.

Yes, I have met one very special individual, in person, only recently, from this site. They came to visit me. I also have some very special friends, on here, who I have yet to meet, but mean the world to me. I consider them family :)

No but I keep wishing I could. I'm mostly here to feel community with other women on the spectrum, but I have zero clue on how to move that to another e-location like chat or who to talk to even.

We always post about relationships and whatnot on here, but is there anyone who has met someone they chat with regularly off of Aspies Central, or even whom they have began seeing?

Does anyone chat with members off of Aspies Central in general, be it social media, email or IM?

Hi Effy I don't know if I've worn out my welcome on posting you, but if you look at the threads above here someone has started Aspies Central Dating Corner. Some other people and me have profiles up. I haven't got my picture up yet to prove I'm cute and young looking maybe sunday? So I likely won't fair well, am likely too different anyways for this site. I thought you may wish to check the thread out as it sort of is what you're asking about here.:cool:

I've chatted with several people in private conversations here, including two who have become true friends that I would like to eventually connect with face-to-face. One of them I have talked to elsewhere online.

I tend to compartmentalise, so using the conversation feature here has been good enough for me, for the most part. Being older, I don't really see much purpose in taking online communication from one venue to another.

I often fantasise about a huge gathering of AC members, though. I would love a chance to meet you all in person.

aspie.png

[No, this doesn't actually exist. :p]

Is there anyone who isn't interested in a Romantic Relationship at all? Sort of like Temple Grandin?

Right here! I've been to the other side of the septic tank and found it was not for me. (No, not comparing relationships to septic tanks.)

Is there anyone who isn't interested in a Romantic Relationship at all? Sort of like Temple Grandin?

Okay love the waterfall of lovely brown hair, and I may be a bit of a imaging savant like Temple, why do I have a feeling my 2 and 1/2 imaginary kids just evaporated. Why would you want to find someone who had no interest in romance...I need some prozac.:(

Because sometimes that's what you need.

You know Flinty I'm auspie enough to have been through and felt this stuff, and I get that it is worse for some others. I get that things need to be softer and slower with more gentile tenderness and understanding. But I'm not buying that a stable, long term, partner in life, loving relationship, can be built without some level of romance and affection.:confused: But what do I know i'm still chasing unicorns:rolleyes:, sorry if I offended anyone.o_O Best wishes in life to asnlifecoach.

I'd love to meet people from this site. Hell, I'll be mobile enough to just visit anywhere in the US before 2015's half up. I just wish there was some significant otter (hehe) that wanted me to visit, otherwise I kind of having trouble justifying the expense to myself.

But I'm not buying that a stable, long term, partner in life, loving relationship, can be built without some level of romance and affection.:confused:

Well, I'm not looking for a stable, long term, partner in life, loving relationship. Seriously, I'm not. Been there, done that, threw away the T-shirt.

Good luck in your pursuit. Consider me one less competitor.

I know for sure that I don't have any relationships with any members on AC in terms of couples but friends wise, yes, in fact quite a few people here I could honestly consider as friends. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom