• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie parenting and doing the 'right thing'

Kupu2

I suspect my mum is Aspie in denial. I suspect I am an Aspie. My kids' teachers suspect my boys are both Aspies. We all live in one house.

I get resentful of my mum being a 'wet blanket'. I cannot share my transgressions with her because of the lectures I would get. I see my boys omit truths niw and then out of fear I will lecture them. Our transgressions are minute compared to mainstream, normal acts of malcontent, but we all seem to have a high moral standard.

Any others have this observation of parenting and Aspie-ness?

Of my 4 kids, one of them seems to have particularly strong aspie traits. And he's the one who is adamant that every word spoken by anyone be exactly accurate. He's extremely conscientious, especially for someone so young (2nd grader). Lately he's been showing some issues with selfishness. But I think a lot of that comes from his frustration with other people and sensory overload in general.

Top Bottom