• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Asperger's

W

Willow

Aspergers

Each day that slips away
I sink further in my mind,
if it’s not a normal day
I loose all sense of time;
routine helps keep the peace
in my upside down world.
I gaze up through the trees
and watch the branches as the curl:
a mess of various directions –
confusion in the midst of calm.
I think of all the past rejections
entwined with all the unjust harm.
So many things I cannot understand
because I see things differently.
It’s like I live alone in my own little land
and I wander around somewhat aimlessly.
I can see the people but we’re separate –
it’s so much easier to ignore their life –
and I’m such an unlikely candidate
to interact with them – but still I try.

Sad poem. :(

I hope you see things a *bit* more positively now.

I can so relate. Great poem.
But it probably isn't healthy to think like that(I felt sort of obligated to not condone it despite doing it my self all the time).
EMZ=]

I wrote this when I was going through a really tough time, around the time I got diagnosed. For a few years previous to my diagnosis they had told me that I was mentally ill, and I was sent to therpists for that. When I found out I had AS I was still in a negative mind set from all the mental illness stuff. I'm a lot more positive now (I hope). I think it's still a relatable poem though, as you said yourself.

Willow

Damn that really hit home for me,that's a place that I've spent years in.

great poem!!!!!!

Not much to say, the poem pretty much expressed many things I feel. Strangely in a way I could see myself writing something close to this if I were more direct. I don't really like to critique others' writing because of the inherent biases of my own stuff. But to say I enjoyed it would be an understatement :))>

-sean-

New Threads

Top Bottom