• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Asperger's & crying.

I cry every day, sometimes I can have a good cry at home in the evening, other times I experience a brief upwelling of intense sadness/hopelessness that brings tears to my eyes.
I avoid sad music or films, especially romantic stuff as that really hurts and I try not to stay in at home too much as I feel even more isolated and sad.
I like to go out for walks and occasional social events, though these aren't common, as nature and people cheer me up.. except when they don't.
Otherwise, I'm a fairly cheerful person. :)

I tend to see a lot of stuff from a very practical point of view. death for example is something that has to happen in nature. Old or sick people die and I'm thinking " well that's great, their life sucked and was essentially pointless at this stage, the pain is over I'm happy for them" but I know you cant say that stuff out loud or I'll be called something horrible. My wife is horrified when I talk like that.
I really don't get it, would these people prefer them to go on suffering, in pain, unable to walk, unable to use a toilet? I get it if it's a younger person or they had something to offer etc but I'm talking bed bound old suffering people.

I think your wife might be a little shocked because the broader picture is that there is still a person in there wishing they could continue on but can't because of old age or sickness. There are people also who are hooked on to this person in some way and will feel a great loss because that person that passed means a great deal to them. I do understand your way of thinking about it, it just seems like they are being so quickly forgotten and everyone just moves on like nothing happened. In NT land in America, it would be considered a bit disrespectful. Kind of like how a person isn't supposed to talk negatively about someone who has died - always show respect for the dead and the elderly.

I cry anywhere from once a week to once a month. Never gone more than a month without a good cry.And they can be tears of pain or tears of joy. I like crying. It makes me feel better. Crying is more impulsive for me. Can't hide them and i got no shame in shedding them. But i feel like i shouldnt like crying. Crying is a form of strength. It shows no fear of showing heavy emotion. I think everyone should cry when they need to. Its a good coping mechanism.

I stopped crying, quite abruptly, in the summer between 6th and 7th grades. I didn't realize it had happened until several months later, and I remember thinking that it was like someone had just flipped a switch in my brain. I am now in my late 30s, and although I've shed the occasional stray tear, I've never had a real cry since then. I've tried, and if I get drunk enough I can almost pull it off, but it still never quite happens.

Up to that point, I was something of a "crybaby", and I remember being frequently upset with my inability to keep myself from crying over ridiculously minor setbacks.

Still earlier, as a baby and toddler, I'm told I almost never cried. Although my memories are no longer terribly reliable, I believe that I began to cry frequently and uncontrollably when I started formal education. (Go figure.)

Interesting to see that this sort of "switch-flip" experience is not entirely uncommon.

Well thanks for choking me up. I am afraid to say, a man crying makes me swell with pity but not the cruel kind and BRAVO for crying because it saves sorrow building up and causing untold health issues.

I cry, but not every day. But reading or seeing something that touches the heart, causes tears to rush.

A sister ( spiritual) posted a link on facebook. There was a picture of a 4 year old child from Syria hold his hands up and look of deep fear in his eyes. Why? Because a cameraman went out there and this CHILD thought it was a gun and so, hands up in surrender! Now that made me cry and just typing this, gets me tearful.

I cry a lot even when I don't want to like when I am frustrated or mad I cry with out being able to control it sometimes and that just makes me more angry.

New Threads

Top Bottom