• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sensitive Topic aspergers backlash?

Aye, I don't think a fully automatic weapon should be in civilian hands. That's just... odd.

It'd be nice if we had more dojos and general self-defense classes. Smacking somebody upside the head is a considerably much quieter way to go about defending yourself. Heheh, knowing me, if I had the chance to shoot a bad guy I'd much rather hit them with the butt of the gun, I'd be hard pressed to willingly let my ears sting and ring over them! :p

I can't think of a place it wouldn't be sensitive, even at the NRA. Hopefully it'll just stay a somewhat light-hearted discussion.
totally agree with more dojos.

Our rules have changed since this thread was started, and I'm unsure whether to ask people to stop debating gun policy (highly political) or, as it does happen to be relevant to the topic, close it entirely. For the time being I'm willing to wait it out and see if it can continue while keeping the politics to a minimum.

Howdy. Grumpy Cat here. I totally believe in gun ownership - after all, it is in the Constitution. And yes, I know I'm a girl, but I have a couple of guns. My guns though, are locked up and I always take a class on how to shoot with each new gun I get. I'm very big into safety. I haven't gotten the conceal carry license as I do feel uncomfortable toting a gun around town. Thing is that now Kansas is pushing to start a new law of open carry where anyone could carry a gun in public without a license as long as it is in plain view. I don't know how I feel about that. We were even discussing it in my International Relations class and the teacher was saying that the colleges might have a hard time keeping guns off of campus if the law goes through. We are definitely going back to the times of the Old West. My thought is that your "normal" person should have access to a gun because the doofuses committing the crimes out there will definitely have them usually illegally, but I think it would be more safe for the "normal" people to have to go through a shooting class so at least it is known that they can hit the broadside of a barn.

"im too sophisticated to own a gun, derp."
I'm too UNsophisticated to own a gun! :p

My husband does. He has the sophistication for it, he knows how to clean and use it right. I don't. So I don't need to have one until I know I know the basics. :)

My thought is that your "normal" person should have access to a gun because the doofuses committing the crimes out there will definitely have them usually illegally, but I think it would be more safe for the "normal" people to have to go through a shooting class so at least it is known that they can hit the broadside of a barn.
Along with proper handling too! One of my buddies is a collector. He's very good with them and has all sorts of nifty looking firearms, including an old bolt-action one from... I don't know when but it's old. His brother is not adept. As his brother was passing a pistol back after some practice, he didn't hold it right, it went off, and did some bad ricochet damage in my buddy as it bounced around his bones. If I ever ran a class, you can bet that aiming and firing would be the very last phase of the program! And if you flunk, you not allowed to get a permit. o_O

I think in the USA, gun control is largely a make-believe sort of issue, something discussed for political reasons, but without any real hope of taking place. With 400 million guns floating around, Its far too late. Maybe it has always been. You can't close Pandora's box. Nothing short of government enforced confiscation on a massive scale would have any effect, and that is not going to happen in the foreseeable future.

Like them or hate them, we are stuck with them.

At least until something new, like what you see in Sci-Fys (Laser, Phaser, Plasma Rifle, Psychic Grenades, etc) renders them obsolete.

No one get mad - this is only supposed to be a funny! (There's a Grumpy Cat picture for everything!)

d5e661f4856b6df3d849fad52b79350e.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom