• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspergers and Marijuana

Laughs...we used to say when riding off road motorcycles,"when in doubt,throttle out"

Today I am a killjoy, sorry folks. :rage:
Dolphins are not cuddly they are fierce ocean predators
they pair bond as males to cooperatively herd and subjugate females for mating
the mating is not cooperative.
As a child I watched a small pod kill a shark, they are as cruel as a cat.
So they me be smart that does not make them like us.

second this thread is about Marijuana and Aspergers
you want to vent about drugs go to the appropriate place.

I started posting here to learn of others experiences in using MMJ to ameliorate personnel issues.
For example my general use has been to soften my personnel anxiety issues.
When I was working I used MMJ to make it so I could focus and concentrate.
Quite honestly I never would have been able to have had a successful career if not for MMJ

and remember If its not medical grade MMJ its not medicine:sunglasses::sunglasses:
do you have a fear of dolphins?

Today I am a killjoy, sorry folks. :rage:
Dolphins are not cuddly they are fierce ocean predators
they pair bond as males to cooperatively herd and subjugate females for mating
the mating is not cooperative.
As a child I watched a small pod kill a shark, they are as cruel as a cat.
So they me be smart that does not make them like us.

second this thread is about Marijuana and Aspergers
you want to vent about drugs go to the appropriate place.

I started posting here to learn of others experiences in using MMJ to ameliorate personnel issues.
For example my general use has been to soften my personnel anxiety issues.
When I was working I used MMJ to make it so I could focus and concentrate.
Quite honestly I never would have been able to have had a successful career if not for MMJ

and remember If its not medical grade MMJ its not medicine:sunglasses::sunglasses:
what if I told you you're part dolphin.

I've never smoked pot but I vape usually once every few days and it always makes me feel good, mellow, and happy. My friends all notice the difference.

Well, Camdengolf, I agree with you! Back in the 70's when MJ was in fashion was the Best, Least Inhibited time of my life!! That, after a very troublesome & restricted chidhood! I was freed by it to be myself & experience all sorts of stuff I couldn't before, or since! Then it became kind of hard to get or afford, so we turned to Alcohol, which of course is accepted....
WHAT a difference!! In a BAD way!! An acquaintance recently compared the 2 by saying "With alcohol, you look at the guy next to you with Suspicion, but with MJ, you look at them & think, Hey, maybe they're not so bad at all!!"
MJ makes me relax & helps me accept situations & people I usually cannot. The only drawbacks are it IS harse to smoke, expensive & still Illegal where I live.
I am 67 years old!!!
Peace!!

check out the herbalizer big upfront price but awesome vaporizing - no burn no carcinogens and is not a pot whore like the volcano - you save money in the long term and if you grow your own its freeish

and remember If its not medical grade MMJ its not medicine

check out the herbalizer big upfront price but awesome vaporizing - no burn no carcinogens and is not a pot whore like the volcano - you save money in the long term and if you grow your own its freeish

I was saving for a volcano, but that is priceless information bhuddapug, thank you, my friend! Just a damn shame the stuff's so expensive.. I was actually considering making a homemade volcano from an iron and a hairdrier, basically the same gubbins.. :)

friend spiller
the difference between my herbie and my volcano was so vast that I gave my volcano away as i could not in good conscience sell it knowing that my herbie tasted better and used around half as much as the volcano - price on both is a *****. as far as making your own stoners playing with hot stuff not a great idea. I had an efficient homemade but it was so awkward. it used a couple pieces of lab glass and used a makita heat gun. hot stuff and stoned aspies again not one of my smarter moves. kiss principle better - buy a built device. for economy maybe about half the price of herbie or volcano but still storz & bickel
  1. upload_2015-1-13_8-3-28.jpeg

PLENTY VAPORIZER COMPLETE SET

Your complete PLENTY Vaporizer Set is robust and powerful; silent and lightweight! 1.5 lbs (0.7 kg), dimensions: 7.9 x 6.1 x 2.4 inch (20.0 x 15.5 x 6.0 cm), (plus power cord). The heat exchanger is equipped with a double helix to ensure efficient air heating and high-yield vaporization.
    ADD TO CART

The above (short) video is of a 12yr-old, Cyndiemae, who suffers from epilepsy and is on the verge of death; there are many other videos on YouTube just like it. I post it here to demonstrate the efficacy of medical cannabis as I'm so tired of those people who believe the negative propaganda we grow up with (in the UK).
I'm a member of my local AS/ASD group SAFE (Support for Autistic Families in Essex (UK) and have had the pleasure of meeting a 10 yr-old girl, I'll call her Kathy, who suffers from so many epileptic seisures that she is confined to a wheelchair, even though she is perfectly physically able.. this means she can't run around and play with other children her own age.
I mentioned the benefits of medical cannabis to her mother, a nurse, as I use it in tincture form also for anxiety and depression and she refused to accept anything other than the scare stories she'd heard..
So her daughter remains confined to a wheelchair indefinitely.
Please accept this as my personal opinion and not everyone will agree.. watch the video though and make up your own mind based on evidence.. and maybe as a bit of a rant, as I'm just so sad over the suffering I see with the Autistic and Mental Health groups I'm associated with. :rose:

well friend spiller if big pharm could they would make even scarier claims. but thats okay some moron over here has figured out a way to turn alcoholic beverages into a just add water powder. so I fully expect to see all kinds of new ways to kill yourself with alcohol - like snorting a martini unwet.

well friend spiller if big pharm could they would make even scarier claims. but thats okay some moron over here has figured out a way to turn alcoholic beverages into a just add water powder. so I fully expect to see all kinds of new ways to kill yourself with alcohol - like snorting a martini unwet.

Quite true my friend, though I'm unendingly amazed at the general publics' lack of response as the legalisation of MMJ becomes more widespread globally.. you'd think people would be just a little upset/angry that government has been sitting on the cure for cancer for forty years, eh? then you come across videos like Cyndiemaes' :confused: and my own experience of being housebound due to severe anxiety until the arrival of the magical tincture :D
I will admit though, that while MMJ's still illegal in the UK and I don't have money to buy much on the street, or space to grow my own, the idea of powdered alcohol is 'appealing' :confused: as a bottle of wine every night does tend to thicken ones' middle :( despite excercise..
As I mentioned somewhere before, I only drink so I consume less cannabis.. cheapest way I can find to maintain my health; I don't actually like drinking much.. ironic, or what!

friend spiller, can't go with you on that. Once alcohol is used as a drug:mad: instead of as a beverage, it's like playing with fire. The question is not if you will get burned, but how badly you will be burned.

friend spiller, can't go with you on that. Once alcohol is used as a drug:mad: instead of as a beverage, it's like playing with fire. The question is not if you will get burned, but how badly you will be burned.

bhuddapug, my friend, if cannabis were legal here now and I had my own supply, I'd probably never bother with alcohol in any form.. even one bottle of wine often gives me a headache in the morning and I'm rather fed up with that! It's simply that it's the best I can manage at this time, with my disability benefits.. and now I don't want to come across looking like a drunk, stoner - benefits scrounger :rolleyes:

I am a 21 year old male who has aspergers. I take a lot of medications and they seem to work and then stop working for me completely in about 3-4 weeks. So I am trying medical marijuana since i live in ca and have been through a lot these past 2 years, and i have to say it really helps. I had two appointments with my counselor this week and she even noticed a difference. She said "the apserger's traits seem to disappear almost completely," which gives me much hope and i have to also say that it is working also as an anti-depressant, i am replacing one of my anti-depressants with this and i feel as though it works better! It just helps me enjoy life substantially better. I am re-taking interest in Golf, that i used to love and play everyday, now i only play once a week but i feel like getting out more now.
I wanted to post this because of how well i feel the medical marijuana is working and helping me deal with my symptoms. And my symptoms have been getting the best of me for the last 2 years. Until now i feel better, like i can participate in life more fully and enjoyably.
I want to hear some responses, what people think and if people are going to try this out!

An interesting topic/question...

Disclaimer: I started smoking Marijuana at age 18 and smoked every day until age 30. I then started to get completely sober at age 30 and stayed completely sober from Marijuana until approximately one month ago.

One month ago I was at my best (and only) friend's apartment and there was a small group of people there, a small party occurring; One of the girls there had a pipe with some Marijuana and asked me if I wanted some: I smoked only two tokes (As the Marijuana, I could tell by looking at it and smelling it before smoking it, was extremely potent). I got VERY stoned just from two hits.

Everyone was getting high/drunk. I just sat on the couch staring at a laptop playing YouTube videos and giggling to myself. I was noticeably expressive, chatting with other people there and smiling (Which is unusual for me especially in a group of people). My best friend exclaimed loudly: "I believe we have found the cure for Aspergers for you!!" (She had never seen me stoned, ever.)

Is it a "cure"? I am not sure. But, I believe when used on occasion (And not in an addictive manner) it may combat some of the tendencies/symptoms of Aspergers. It may indeed be medicinal for us.

Last edited:
An interesting topic/question...

Disclaimer: I started smoking Marijuana at age 18 and smoked every day until age 30. I then started to get completely sober at age 30 and stayed completely sober from Marijuana until approximately one month ago.

One month ago I was at my best (and only) friend's apartment and there was a small group of people there, a small party occurring; One of the girls there had a pipe with some Marijuana and asked me if I wanted some: I smoked only two tokes (As the Marijuana, I could tell by looking at it and smelling it before smoking it, was extremely potent). I got VERY stoned just from two hits.

Everyone was getting high/drunk. I just sat on the couch staring at a laptop playing YouTube videos and giggling to myself. I was noticeably expressive, chatting with other people there and smiling (Which is unusual for me especially in a group of people). My best friend exclaimed loudly: "I believe we have found the cure for Aspergers for you!!" (She had never seen me stoned, ever.)

Is it a "cure"? I am not sure. But, I believe when used on occasion (And not in an addictive manner) it may combat some of the tendencies/symptoms of Aspergers. It may indeed be medicinal for us.
I don't know how old you are, but my understanding is that marijuana has gotten significantly stronger these days than in the past. I used to be able to smoke just a few buds mixed in as a spliff and be sufficiently buzzed for an entire evening

While I have mixed feelings about medicinal weed, there was a report on the news earlier this week where the American Association of Pediatricians released a report that medical marihuana really doesn't provide much relief.

New Threads

Top Bottom