• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspergers and Marijuana

Hey Spiller I'm back but I guess you figured this would break me loose from Herbie (gosh I love Herbie) gave my Volcano to another HFA.
Any how here goes, Pie3.5 I am not trying to be antagonistic. But if you and your friend have acquired a redcard or the equivalent thereof for self diagnosed Asperger's you would be the first. I am diagnosed and live in Colorado my red card is for RA. Oh Colorado just refused PTSD for MMJ so to date the only accepted non-physical ailments are, certain, but not all forms of epilepsy. And some states are even allowing thc free MMJ such as the strain Charlotte's Web but nothing for pain meds.

MMJ Medibles carcinogen free, these are carcinogen free because nothing is burnt to release carcinogens.
Concentrates properly extracted are carcinogen free - by definition concentrates are concentrated cannibinoids which are not carcinogenic burnt or vaporized
which brings me to my next point Herbie & The Volcano (sounds like a bad movie) by using true vapourisers you can inhale the vapoour ( cool spelling) and get zilch for carcinogens if you vape below 400ish strain / substance / tool affect your apparent temp you will get only really good cbnoids and no CANCER. If you go back and read my previous posts you will find the citations to back up all my comments

As far as calling everyone ignorant in abusive language that is annoying and rude. If you had read the posts in this thread you would realize that I would challenge you to cite all your unsubstantiated comments. I have been medicating for over forty years and an active proponent for almost as long. Reread the posts and be nice , and Herbie is my Herbalizer the best vaporizer / vapouriser in the world AKA the Volcano Killer

I wrote all of this without any abusive language - which is not how I converse take note

and remember If its not medical grade MMJ its not medicine

Last edited:
You people are so ignorant. You are completely uninformed about marijuana. Sure, you get more carcinogens in your lungs, but as long as you aren't smoking 3 grams a day, your lungs will repair themselves. The reason why smoking tobacco is worse for you, is cause when tobacco burns, it creates tar. When this tar gets in your lungs, it restricts their movement.

Whatever moron said that marijuana is addictive, is obviously still believing all the **** that they were taught it elementary school. Any addiction that you have from smoking marijuana, is just the desire to get high because your tolerance increases. It's not a mental health or physical condition, it's just that you want the high, you don't necessarily want the drug.

There was another person who said that growing cannabis is not a natural process. Well... There was a drug bust in the mid-west where the DEA seized hundreds of cannabis seeds. On the way back to their presinct, the door to the back of the transport van opened and all of the seeds began pouring out. There is now a new strain growing on the sides of that road that has evolved to be virtually inpervious to all plant killers that have been using it.

On a personal note, my friend and I are both prescribed marijuana for aspergers. It helps with everything, focus, sleep, anxiety, depression, work ethic, and just makes you feel better overall. It's also been proven to relieve headaches, stomache and intestinal pain, improve eyesight, improve memory, and improve attitude.

As for the person who was saying that they are worried about their husband, just talk to him about it. Let him know that he needs to regulate it or else he WILL **** up his lungs....

As for the rest of you uninformed ****nuggets who keep commenting on **** they know nothing about...

**** OFF!!!!!!!
First of all you should check your facts before you berate others. According to the Websters Dictionary, one of the definitions of addiction is:: an unusually great interest in something or a need to do or have something.
Secondly, your choice of words is offensive, unproductive and unwelcome. I hope for you that you learn to express your opinion in an appropriate way in the future. When you use profanity, or assume superiority, you loose credibility.
You had some good points but they were lost in your attack for those who even bothered to finish reading your post.

You people are so ignorant. You are completely uninformed about marijuana. Sure, you get more carcinogens in your lungs, but as long as you aren't smoking 3 grams a day, your lungs will repair themselves. The reason why smoking tobacco is worse for you, is cause when tobacco burns, it creates tar. When this tar gets in your lungs, it restricts their movement.

Whatever moron said that marijuana is addictive, is obviously still believing all the **** that they were taught it elementary school. Any addiction that you have from smoking marijuana, is just the desire to get high because your tolerance increases. It's not a mental health or physical condition, it's just that you want the high, you don't necessarily want the drug.

There was another person who said that growing cannabis is not a natural process. Well... There was a drug bust in the mid-west where the DEA seized hundreds of cannabis seeds. On the way back to their presinct, the door to the back of the transport van opened and all of the seeds began pouring out. There is now a new strain growing on the sides of that road that has evolved to be virtually inpervious to all plant killers that have been using it.

On a personal note, my friend and I are both prescribed marijuana for aspergers. It helps with everything, focus, sleep, anxiety, depression, work ethic, and just makes you feel better overall. It's also been proven to relieve headaches, stomache and intestinal pain, improve eyesight, improve memory, and improve attitude.

As for the person who was saying that they are worried about their husband, just talk to him about it. Let him know that he needs to regulate it or else he WILL **** up his lungs....

As for the rest of you uninformed ****nuggets who keep commenting on **** they know nothing about...

**** OFF!!!!!!!

It's fine that you disagree and have other experiences, but using expletives to get your point across seems a bit excessive. It provides a hostile tone, which is something we're not looking for on this forum.

Considering you're new on the forum, it doesn't feel like you'll make a lot of friends here on this forum if you word responses like that. (and of course; the response "I don't need to make friends" would seem a bit pointless on a forum).

Well, one of my friends my age who has Asperger's told me he's more calm due to smoking weed. He told me to try some too so I can be more calm. What should I do?

Well all debate aside whether or not anyone should or should not use the drug thc found in weed aside, do not smoke anything, breathing in burnt carbon smoke gives you tar build up in your lunges, which will potentially cause lunge cancer/copd and circulatory issues. Just do not smoke it, if you really want to ingest it eat it or vaporize it and inhale it in an un-burnt state. Carbon based smoke = bad m'kay.

read post #169 ps the thread is Aspergers and Marijuana not the health risks of marijuana
Well, one of my friends my age who has Asperger's told me he's more calm due to smoking weed. He told me to try some too so I can be more calm. What should I do?

talk to your parents and your doctor or at least someone you trust who has some age, maturity and knowledge. You are playing with your brain talk to someone old enough and smart enough, to keep you from messing it up. MMJ is not for everyone it can help - but - like anything it may not help it may even exacerbate problems.

and remember If its not medical grade MMJ its not medicine

I am reading a lot of bad information about medical marijuana and Asperger's here. First, there is no correlation between marijuana and lung cancer. The best minds on the subject have tried to prove it causes lung cancer, and all they can say is that it SHOULD, there is not one single documented case where it actually has. Does marijuana contain known carcinogens? Yes. So does toast. I am not kidding, toast. Furthermore, vaporizing instead of actually smoking eliminates most of these carcinogens. There is no known instance of marijuana actually causing cancer.

Second, I have read a few people saying that marijuana has actually increased their Aperger's symptoms. That may be true in some cases, but I think I can shed some light on why that may be. Since the beginning of the war on drugs, growers have been trying desperately to increase the THC levels in marijuana. THC is the component that gets you "high". Growers have tried to increase the "bang for the buck" to maximize their yield with less and less space. Unfortunately THC also increases anxiety and paranoia. That is why a lot of people feel like police are going to break down the door and arrest them. Anxiety, as you likely already know, is a cornerstone of Asperger's. Anything that increases your overall anxiety increases your other symptoms in lockstep. HOWEVER, there is another component of marijuana, CBD (cannibidiol). CBD actually decreases anxiety, helps with depression, quiets electrical signals to the brain. This is what is also used to combat seizure disorders, CBD, not THC. I have used strains high in CBD with GREAT effect. For those of you who are able to legally acquire it, I would suggest trying a strain high in CBD, and low in THC. There are many of these strains out there. They just are not popular because they don't get you as "high", but for Asperger's, a strain low in THC and high in CBD just might be what you are looking for.

Hello Charles, if you go back through this thread you will find in my posts citations to back up your comments. Having used MMJ for forty plus years my, and I emphasize my experiences, were that sativa strains were far less stultifying than indica dominant strains. Having retired here to Co, I have enjoyed the opportunity to play with all the different strains, such fun.
I gotta admit Colorado is AWESOME. As far as the bad info it's just the chanters, go to any online discussion anywhere and say maryjahoochie and they appear like flies on ***t and they are always vituperative and uninformed. Don't worry you can't educate them, that's why they chant they don't think.

drugs are bad
drugs-are-bad-mmmkay.jpg

my mum smokes cigarettes my dad cant stand it plus employers would not hire me if I fail drug tests lots of pressure. plus there's better things to calm you down like dolphins mmm dolphins
my849-bottlenose_dolphin_brandon_cole.jpg

ooh talking about dolphin do you they take drugs plus they have sex for fun why do kids like them and they do these things.

I love dolphins.. after all they are this planets intelligent species! :D
I didn't know they took drugs.. what kind? But lots of animals take drugs recreationally; I used to have two tortoises that would eat nothing but romain lettuce because of the higher than normal cannabinoid content.
Sex for fun sure sounds like my definition of 'intelligent' though! ;)

I love dolphins.. after all they are this planets intelligent species! :D
I didn't know they took drugs.. what kind? But lots of animals take drugs recreationally; I used to have two tortoises that would eat nothing but romain lettuce because of the higher than normal cannabinoid content.
Sex for fun sure sounds like my definition of 'intelligent' though! ;)
puffer fish

Today I am a killjoy, sorry folks. :rage:
Dolphins are not cuddly they are fierce ocean predators
they pair bond as males to cooperatively herd and subjugate females for mating
the mating is not cooperative.
As a child I watched a small pod kill a shark, they are as cruel as a cat.
So they me be smart that does not make them like us.

second this thread is about Marijuana and Aspergers
you want to vent about drugs go to the appropriate place.

I started posting here to learn of others experiences in using MMJ to ameliorate personnel issues.
For example my general use has been to soften my personnel anxiety issues.
When I was working I used MMJ to make it so I could focus and concentrate.
Quite honestly I never would have been able to have had a successful career if not for MMJ

and remember If its not medical grade MMJ its not medicine:sunglasses::sunglasses:

puffer fish
Awesome! Pass the puffer on the left hand side, dude.. and he's free to go afterwards; that's very cool! Have to get me a puffer fish ;)
bhuddapug!! Me old smoking (figuratively speaking) buddy, long time no see!
I happen to agree, to a point.. I see dolphins as a different intelligence, therefore we can't pass judgement on their morality and if they're friendly, it's because they choose to be!
Wonder what the benefits of MPF (Medical Puffer Fish) might be? Those dolphins obviously know something we don't. :D

hey spiller alcohol as a drug bad, alcohol as a beverage ok, a glass of wine or a beer is actually good for you more than that not so good. So as a poison taken on a daily basis in a small amount will make you live longer, more will make you and maybe others live shorter. BAD DRUG GOOD MEDICINE.
DSC00572.JPG DSC00571.JPG
started gardening again and it is a Colorado legal garden

Last edited:
probably the same as toad addicted dogs (toad warts contain bufotenine which is contains a DMT compound and toxic)

not judging dolphin morality just think it is foolish to assign them human type emotions

hey spiller alcohol as a drug bad, alcohol as a beverage ok, a glass of wine or a beer is actually good for you more than that not so good. So as a poison taken on a daily basis in a small amount will make you live longer, more will make you and maybe others live shorter. BAD DRUG GOOD MEDICINE.
I agree completely, alcohol as medicine! Though I confess I'm currently in a state of needing rather more than I know is healthy, largely because Gods medicine is in short supply at the moment.. that looks suspiciously like a skunk variety, a valued old friend ;) Is that six beauties I see there?
I must say, Colorado looks like the place to be.. got a spare room, by chance? :) It's looking like the 2016 drugs referendum before cannabis is legalised (without doubt!) in the UK.. :(

Last edited:
Hola Bhuddapug !
long time no see...yup...I still wander the AC halls
gotta go now...time to spark :D

New Threads

Top Bottom