• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

ASD Awareness Research

Rafia

Hello. My name is Rafia Haque and I am a final year undergraduate Psychology student at Swansea University. We are conducting a study to increase our understanding of factors of diet and well-being in individuals with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD). As this forum is for individuals with an ASD, we believe that members of this group are in an ideal position to give us valuable first-hand information from their perspective.

The research has been ethically approved by the Swansea University Ethics department. The study will take approximately 60 minutes and requires participants to complete a series of online questionnaires about their ASD, diet and well-being. Participants are not required to disclose their name and all information acquired will be kept strictly confidential. Each participant will be given a number code when collecting and analysing the findings.

We understand that this study may cause distress and upsetting feelings. I would like to emphasise that participants are not required to participate if they feel that they may be distressed by questions about these topics. If participants agree to take part, they have the right to withdraw from the study at any time without any reason.

Your participation in our research will be very much appreciated and could lead to greater public awareness of these issues in individuals with an ASD.

The link to my questionnaire can be found here Studying factors of diet and well-being in individuals with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) - Start

Many thanks in advance.

Done, but there were a few that didn't make sense in terms of how the questions were phrased, and the answers available. Also the last section on self harm didn't specify what the behaviour was that I was supposed to be answering about, unless I missed it.

Done, but there were a few that didn't make sense in terms of how the questions were phrased, and the answers available. Also the last section on self harm didn't specify what the behaviour was that I was supposed to be answering about, unless I missed it.

Ah ok, many thanks for completing. Really appreciate it :)

very difficult screen reading and/or using mouse. gave up, too tedious, silly/misleading questions and no explanations, my normal form filling skills

Finished, but as @xudo stated, some of the questions about eating have nonsensical answers, would look better on the questionnaire to correct that.

IIRC the question was about how often you feel hungry, the answers were agree and disagree.

Oh, and it would be nice to be able to skip to the end immediately if you don't engage in any self-harm, saves a lot of clicks :D

I've taken it..

But found it hard as my trouble eating has nothing to do with self harm or trying to loss/gain weight..
Displaying eating disorder traits is more because of.. not happy tryin new food, "fear" of unknown, new textures.. hard to explain!

Also, one of my self harm which started as a sorta replacement for cutting, is now something I don't need/want..
It's just become a habit I can't seem to stop..

if you want to do true ASD awareness you need to include questions that cover the whole spectrum,not just aspergers,ive seen those questions before on the aspie quiz and i just dont relate to a lot of them.
id love to help contribute but i just dont relate to the questions,i never got as far as eating issues or self harm, i do have eating issues-i can only eat once a day and it has to be at 11:30pm,its also a very rigid diet, and i have self harmed since a toddler;ie smashing my head off anything,i am prescribed helmets on the NHS but prefer to wear baseball caps as theyre not as hot and i still get pressure.
i also cut myself as a sensory issue,i smear the blood ive done it since i was little, i have cut as well when i dont understand what im feeling.
so i would have loved to gave my input if the questionaire was better aimed towards ASD and not just one part of it.

Bump

Only need 10 more people to fill out my questionnaire! Any feedback is welcome too :)

Thanks in Advance

New Threads

Top Bottom