• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Article...

Well, there is this idea that 'we've 2 ears & 1 mouth, so should listen twice as much as speak'. Apart from if both do that, it don't work & the 2 ears is for stereo hearing, those who 'preach' it don't seem to practice it themselves! Still, if you want to, do carry on.

Well, there is this idea that 'we've 2 ears & 1 mouth, so should listen twice as much as speak'. Apart from if both do that, it don't work & the 2 ears is for stereo hearing, those who 'preach' it don't seem to practice it themselves! Still, if you want to, do carry on.
That rule's dependent on others violating it or an abnormal amount of people being born with rare deformities.
EMZ=]

It seems to me that if everyone acted like that towards each other it would be a much nicer world to live in. I find it ironic how we're encouraged to work towards fitting in to the harsh and cruel NT world when lie-ing (aargh can never spell that right) and manipulating and sending numerous mixed signals about love is considered the 'norm'. I think the world should teach the NT's to be nicer and more understanding and honest then maybe globally we could progress to being a more harmonius world community.

It seems to me that if everyone acted like that towards each other it would be a much nicer world to live in. I find it ironic how we're encouraged to work towards fitting in to the harsh and cruel NT world when lie-ing (aargh can never spell that right) and manipulating and sending numerous mixed signals about love is considered the 'norm'. I think the world should teach the NT's to be nicer and more understanding and honest then maybe globally we could progress to being a more harmonius world community.
I've found expecting people as a whole(regardless of whether or not they have a neurological disorder) to reciprocate the way I act towards them has just left me being misanthropic.
I mean, I look at some of the stuff people say on here and it's not much different. Sure, maybe to a lesser extent, but ultimately the same thing.
I think the world can't get any better than it already is.
I think we all know deep down that an NT in an AS world would get so much more **** for their abnormalities.
The only reason we're so understanding is because of the crap we've been subjected to.
I mean, seriously, if we were the majority it'd probably be a lot worse and I find it silly a lot of people are under this delusion AS people are genuinely nicer people.
Not true at all tbh.
Sorry this sort of turned into an attack at you, it's just how I feel and sort of went on a rant.
But yeah, the norm would be no better in an AS world.
EMZ=|

My husband does number seven and I don't mind it. He helps me and doesn't want me to embarrass myself.

New Threads

Top Bottom