• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you a fan of fans?

I don't like hearing the Voices in the fan, it sounds like someone is calling me. The bathroom exhaust fan is the worst offender! I'm not a big fan of Fans, but they're far better than being hot!

I have my three fans but it does sound like voices sometimes, I just ignore it, there are so many weird unexplained noises- that the 'house makes' people say. If I listen I get freaked out- I know it's not worth giving my attention to. focus on the light.

I hate hot weather with a passion, in the Winter it's relatively easy to keep warm, but in the Summer it's not so easy to keep cool and air conditioning is too expensive for me. I hate it when I see the weather is going to be really hot and they automatically talk about how wonderful or glorious the weather is going to be, NO to me it's by far the worst weather possible and I'm counting down the time until the misery ends. I'd honestly much rather be snowed in with blizzards and/or storms than it being very hot and sunny, also very hot weather causes loads of deaths every year with hospitals overrun by people with heat stroke, especially older people, it's definitely not such glorious weather for them.

I have a fan which I leave on 24/7 when it's warm that will somewhat help, although it doesn't actually cool in itself, it just circulates air and cools by evaporating sweat quicker. I've been known to get used to it being on however so I don't want to turn it off again even when it gets cooler, although eventually when it gets cold I get to the stage when I do and I get used to not having it on throughout the colder months. I hate listening to noise when I'm sitting in my flat due to being over sensitive to certain sounds and a fan helps muffle it so I'm less likely to notice it. The noise from the fan itself is if anything calming.

It is possible for almost anything to become a special interest or something that you can obsess over however, my friend who I suspect is autistic loves torches, the brighter the better, he calls it a "torch fetish" lol!

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom