• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
Alright, I’m back now and am ready and will apologize for what happened that caused me to withdraw...

Before I reverted to the Catholic Faith I had issues with authority and authority figures and thus viewed them with the utmost hostility and cynicism; after I reverted, I over-corrected and have tried to treat authority figures with the utmost respect and veneration... In the past years, I had thought I had overcome that issue and no longer had those problems. But...I still have those issues and have a tendency to act inappropriately because of them and for that I am sorry.

@Starfire I was completely unaware of what happened to you, I didn’t even read your posts until I was already on my way out and even then, I only skimmed over what you have typed. What happened to you is not something that I assume happens to someone who has attended Catholic school even if it is common; I assure you that I am aware of it, very well aware of it, and well aware of the failure of the Hierarchy to deal with it and the strong evidence that a significant portion of the Hierarchy is actually complicit in it. In fact when I heard some of Pope Francis’ actions and reactions during the Summer of Shame, that was actually the first time I realized and accepted, that there is something seriously wrong with the current occupant of the Chair of St. Peter’s. (Again, going back to my issues with authority figures.) So as a Catholic layman I apologize for what happened to you, I had idea that you were a victim of this, very serious plague that has infested the clergy and hierarchy of the Church.

For everyone else, I will admit that some of my posts were immodest and I do apologize for them; however for my Faith in general I will not apologize for that. I’m not here to preach to anyone, I’m here to talk, to ask questions, to help others if I can, and especially to learn things. However if something regarding Faith comes up, depending on the circumstances I will speak up, both because of my relationship with God, Our Lady and the Saints, and because I know the Church and what She actually teaches.

Good Easter service?
Oh hi Wolfsage,

sorry about not responding to your comment on my status until now. I’ve been busy a lot lately, I’ve been looking for land to buy to set up my homestead, as I’ve decided to start that new lifestyle now, instead of waiting until next year.

Anyways, in regards attending Easter mass, unfortunately I couldn’t make it due to a combination of Covid restrictions, issues with my family, and the fact that while we were able to deal with the mouse infestation at my place, we still need to disinfect it before I can move back in. I still plan on fulfilling my Easter duty soon, as well as go to confession as I’m overdue for that here.

How was your Easter?

Well welcome back. Good luck with all your great plans and may you blessed with the perseverance to finish up. l finally bought a place because of Covid. I was frighten to live in apartments where people are just horrible and little regard for the seniors.

Oh hi Wolfsage,

sorry about not responding to your comment on my status until now. I’ve been busy a lot lately, I’ve been looking for land to buy to set up my homestead, as I’ve decided to start that new lifestyle now, instead of waiting until next year.

Anyways, in regards attending Easter mass, unfortunately I couldn’t make it due to a combination of Covid restrictions, issues with my family, and the fact that while we were able to deal with the mouse infestation at my place, we still need to disinfect it before I can move back in. I still plan on fulfilling my Easter duty soon, as well as go to confession as I’m overdue for that here.

How was your Easter?

Quiet and rejuvenateing. Simply enjoyed a beautiful day that God blessed us with. Reflecting on all he did and has done.
Hope your housing project works out.

Quiet and rejuvenateing. Simply enjoyed a beautiful day that God blessed us with. Reflecting on all he did and has done.
Hope your housing project works out.
Thanks, it’s slow but so far no hitches.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed Easter, He is risen Alleluia!

.., as well as go to confession as I’m overdue for that here.

Confession is one of the better tools that the church has but is often badly used or understood.
May your time of shriving be blessed.

Shrive as in shrove tuesday - the day of confession

edited for typo

Last edited:
Been healing and feeling better since it.
Amen! Glory and Honor to our savior Jesus Christ!
Thank you,

by the way, just for the sake of conversation, did you have eggs this Easter? I used to not like eggs because found them just too bland, but then I started adding buttermilk to them and I found that that really helps give them flavour.

Confession is one of the better tools that the church has but is often badly used or understood.
May your time of shriving be blessed.

Shrive as in shrove tuesday - the day of confession

edited for typo
Thank you, yes confession is a very valuable gift that is very often under-valued.

Well welcome back. Good luck with all your great plans and may you blessed with the perseverance to finish up. l finally bought a place because of Covid. I was frighten to live in apartments where people are just horrible and little regard for the seniors.
How did the purchase and move go?

So far I’ve actually started finding what seem to be a lot of good candidates, but I still have long way to go before I even so much as checkout the places in-person.

It's better then the apartment. l am not thrilled about somethings but l am trying to make it work. The move was easy but l need to downsize. I will be happier if it's less stuff.

Thank you,

by the way, just for the sake of conversation, did you have eggs this Easter? I used to not like eggs because found them just too bland, but then I started adding buttermilk to them and I found that that really helps give them flavour.

Nope. No eggs.

New Threads

Top Bottom