• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone want to take a crack at dream interpretation?

My only dream worth noting is one of being in high school. This dream recurred until I was in my late 30s or early 40s.

In the dream, I was fully grown and everyone else was still high-school-aged. One time when I had the dream, I wondered why that was.

The next time I had the dream, I thought, "This doesn't make sense. I graduated from college. Why am I in high school again?"

Then next time I found myself in that dream, I said, "I don't belong here" and I got up and walked out. I never had that dream again.

I have incredibly boring dreams compared to you. :)
You have a very interesting dream life.

The only weird thing about my dreams is that I seem to always be unable to use force. For example kicking a door open or pushing someone out of my way. It`s very, very annoying because I can do that when I`m awake. But in dreams something is holding me back, I`m never able to use force and it can be terribly frustrating. It just feels really bad and very wrong. Maybe that has something to do with a fear of losing control, like you said. I never thought about that.
I am not this creative in my awake life. Far from it. That's the other weird part... I have a hard time picturing much of anything (I like to say that my mind's eye needs glasses). So I have no idea where my brain comes up with this stuff.

How many selectively evaluate their (sleep) dreams? I'm most interested in those occasional dreams where I'm actively participating in social interaction - a rarity in actual life.

As for dream interpretation of dreams, my most recent dream seemed to indicate baggage in life - that is psychological baggage - which seems so slow to discard in both dreams, and real life.

I tend to have weird dreams... this morning, I woke up from yet another odd dream. I wouldn't call it a nightmare, but I can see how someone would see it as such.

What I recall:
I was in a library. It looked more like an academic library rather than your run-of-the-mill public library. It had quite a few patrons walking around, I don't recall the demographic(s). Now, here comes the weird part...

I happened to stumble upon a mystical/magickal (yes, this was the intended spelling) section of this library, and I was forced to be some sort of vessel for a curse being cast upon the world. I was seemingly paralyzed and helpless, and this... man (I do not remember what he looked like) was slowly taking parts of my soul/essence out through my mouth. I could feel his hand in my mouth, and I could also feel this essence being pulled out of me and breaking off into pieces every time he reached into my mouth and grabbed a hold of it. I could tell that it existed as a single... substance inside of me, but it would break off into pieces every time he pulled it out. I do not remember what he was chanting/saying, and I'm not sure what his motives were... I'm not even sure why I was there in the first place.

Once it was over, I obviously still had some soul/essence left over. I used what energy I had left to help break the curse. For some reason, this process had to be kept secret from everyone in the library, so I would do my best to make sure no one saw me, and I had to do this all on my own. Once I roamed around the library for a while, I f
inally found the book I needed to help break the curse that was cast onto the world. Mind you, I had no idea what the curse even was, I just could tell it was bad. I also knew that since I was used as this... vessel of sorts, I was the only one who could even attempt to break it. I read aloud the passage that was necessary to break this curse, and then I woke up.

I don't really think much of my dreams, anymore, since I am so used to them. I just wondered if anyone wanted to try and interpret what in the world my brain was trying to say.

Also! I have a lot of dreams where I am in a library. Not sure why that is... and my awake brain does not seem to have this imagination capability. Only when I'm asleep. That is also a mystery. Anyone have any theories?

Well think if you were a vessel like Christ and you were alive in this day and age and all the sins and evil were on your shoulders and instead of people just taking your body and blood like they were supposed to they were taking your voice too and using it as their own like vampire suckers.
And while it would be good people were to get something out it having someone steal your essence like that and yet people be so far from faith would be torment for the soul.
And to feel so physically sick and broken from the suffering anyway that everything that you used to be completely taken
So you could bear the brunt of it.
And also it is hard understanding all of that when it feels so weird for a human soul many open doors into the soul and psyche.
Obviously the man doing that would be satan but God let's him do it so others are healed and better off.

How many selectively evaluate their (sleep) dreams? I'm most interested in those occasional dreams where I'm actively participating in social interaction - a rarity in actual life.

As for dream interpretation of dreams, my most recent dream seemed to indicate baggage in life - that is psychological baggage - which seems so slow to discard in both dreams, and real life.
I do. I find that most of my dreams are situations representative of things that happened throughout my day, things I'm thinking a lot about, or things I'm processing.

A representative situation is not always the exact same situation. Dreams are most often analogies for emotions and feelings, so if an experience during the day makes me feel a certain way, I will often dream about some other situation which also makes me feel the same way. I think that the dream is my subconscious mind finding a way to classify a thought or feeling from my waking day by comparing it to something else.

One example of a representative situation is that, when I find a cool solution to a problem that I'm very proud of, I will often dream that night of being able to fly and showing off the ability to others.

This is the best use I have found of analyzing my dreams - it gives me insight into my own attitudes and feelings about things that I had during the day but didn't pay attention to.

Most of my memorable dreams seem to reflect a "fear of failure" and little else. Something I look back on and have a chuckle over, and little else. Like showing up for a college exam and not having a clue of what it was about. Never mind how many years ago I graduated.... :rolleyes:

The ones I cannot figure out, yeah- they concern me more on occasion.

Most of my memorable dreams seem to reflect a "fear of failure" and little else. Something I look back on and have a chuckle over, and little else. Like showing up for a college exam and not having a clue of what it was about. Never mind how many years ago I graduated.... :rolleyes:
I have that dream a couple times a year and I hate it. I haven't figured out how to get rid of it ... most likely because - as you indicated - it represents an ongoing anxiety of mine.

I was able to stop a recurring dream once and only once. I used to dream quite often about being back in high school. My classmates were just as were in high school but I was a full-grown adult. After having this dream for years, I would start to wonder (in my dream) why I was in high school when I had already graduated. I would remember that I had actually graduated college. Then I started saying out loud, "Why am I here? I don't belong here." Finally, one time when I had that dream, I said, "I don't belong here" and I got up and left. I never had that dream again.

The only dream I took seriously was during my stroke just before I woke ups some thing or someone said the answer you seek is information so when I left the hospital, I got my wife to get me the great courses lectures on information theory. I joined this site soon after, As I have been a long-time follower of physics, and this is a special interest.
started a thread. From that point on pieces just seem to be coming together I put them on the thread as they come
usually as I'm sleeping and thinking. I normally ignore dreams but the period when thinking with great clarity twilight periods, are the best sometimes lasting hours.

The weirdest one was a year after my stoke. I got a message I was the messenger, no idea what message or why.
looking back was it my covid thread?

Last edited:
Important perspectives from even the rather mundane (sleep) dreams tend to be undervalued.

Enclosed is a LINK to the post (on sleep dreams) from the discussion-thread 'Advice on Social Skills, Friendships, Etc.' in the 'Friends, Family, & Social Skills Forum'

EXCERPT of first paragraph in post: The one source of perspectives on social skills I find interesting, and plausible came via (sleep) dreams. Dreams that involve active participation (first person perspectives) are very rare.

LINK: Advice on social skills, friendships, etc.

Naturally, I have the dream of being naked in public fairly often. :cool: My favorite dreams are the ones where I can fly. I have had a few dreams so complicated and well-organized that they could be decent stories or the basis for a novel.

Other dreams are so incoherent that I can't even describe them, even though I remember them. Like being in a Hieronymus Bosch painting and trying to get out. Those are the ones that leave me the most unhappy.

One (of many) examples of sleep dreams providing valued insights:

Several years back, I had a dream where MSNBC's news host Rachel Maddow was coaching (in all of Maddow's candor, and brilliance) my project in writing in an Autism forum discussion-thread critical of how our state's program for developmental disabilties are simply unable to best servce clients who are "not quite disabled enough, yet not quite able enough."

Obviously, this was a dream that naturally stemmed from actaul experiences as an adult on the Autism Spectrum - who is largely independent.

One take-away for this old dream - where are those quality people who are receptive to understanding that aspect of the Autism Spectrum of adults "not quite disabled enough, yet not quite able enough?"

Present day take on this dream: Actual life goals are to have quality people "in the loop"- which would render state govt. services (for clientele who need intensive 'indepdendent living support services') unnecessary. Hence, no further discussions (with, or without coaching) critical of developmental disability services are neccessary.

P.S. MSNBC's Rachael Maddow is returing after the holiday break - in all of her candor and brilliance on Monday, 6PM Pacific Time.

ADDENDUM:
One (of many) examples of sleep dreams providing valued insights:

Several years back, I had a dream where MSNBC's news host Rachel Maddow was coaching (in all of Maddow's candor, and brilliance) my project in writing in an Autism forum discussion-thread critical of how our state's program for developmental disabilties are simply unable to best servce clients who are "not quite disabled enough, yet not quite able enough."

Obviously, this was a dream that naturally stemmed from actaul experiences as an adult on the Autism Spectrum - who is largely independent.

One take-away for this old dream - where are those quality people who are receptive to understanding that aspect of the Autism Spectrum of adults "not quite disabled enough, yet not quite able enough?"

Present day take on this dream: Actual life goals are to have quality people "in the loop"- which would render state govt. services (for clientele who need intensive 'indepdendent living support services') unnecessary. Hence, no further discussions (with, or without coaching) critical of developmental disability services are neccessary.

P.S. MSNBC's Rachael Maddow is returing after the holiday break - in all of her candor and brilliance on Monday, 6PM Pacific Time.
ADDENDUM: I'm developing an 'Autism Forums' discussion-thread based-on the insights from (the above) sleep dream.

New Threads

Top Bottom