• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone interested in Spider-Man?

NyanbinaryNyahess

I’m having a huge fixation on Spider-Man right now because I recently watched Across the Spider-Verse and read Marvel Zombies. Peter in Marvel Zombies is such a fascinating character, and I could talk about him a lot.

I might rewatch the MCU Spider-Man films since I recently saw the other Spider-Man movies with Toby and Andrew.

Yeah, Spider-Man is a pretty iconic character and I did enjoy watching the 90's animated series when I was a kid.

For me, the story I always remember him in the most (even if it wasn't the best for him from a narrative perspective) was the 1970's Marvel/DC crossover, Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man: The Battle of the Century.
Here's a review of the comic from 2016 by YouTuber Linkara as part of his "Atop The Fourth Wall" series - so expect spoilers:

While I certainly doubt they would ever do it due to the current animosity between Marvel and DC (along with Disney and Warner) as well as the fact that I think modern-day writers would degrade and mock both heroes, I think an updated and animated version of this crossover could work if done right.
Additionally, I definitely think it would 'make bank' if put out in theatres.

Spider Man 2 with Tobey McGuire is easily the best of the live action Spider Man movies to date, IMO.
I'll agree that it was the best of the Tobey McGuire movies - and that Garfield's movies were a disaster. But I would make cases for the newer ones as well, specifically the second one with Tom Holland. Though some might not like the MCU tie-ins.
@NyanbinaryNyahess yes I am a fan of Spiderman, on the screen and somewhat on the page. He's been my favorite Marvel character for a long time, though I'm not a big Marvel reader (the movies are a different matter, MCU is far better than the DCEU movies). Anyway, I've seen all the films, except for the newest Spiderverse one. So I can talk about Peter and Miles :)

one of my favorite (recently at least) stories (from the comic books) was where Doc Ock took over Peter's body and mind. And tried to be a hero. He made a Spectacular Spiderman indeed. Except, you know, it was Doc Ock, so it only lasted so long. :)
Not my "all time favorite" or anything, but it was the last thing I read from Spiderman so it is my "right now favorite" because it was so good.

I love Spider-Man! I remember my fixation started when I watched Into the Spiderverse in 2019 and I ended up falling into a rabbit hole of Spider-Man lore. I love the irony of how Spider-Man is themed after spiders yet he’s a beloved character lol.

Capture.PNG

Spiderman is easily one of the best characters marvel has ever made. There are a lot of characters I don`t know. But of the ones I do know spiderman is without a doubt in my top 10.
When talking about live action I love Andrews spiderman the most. I liked the suit the best, and I liked Andrew as Peter the best out of the 3 live action spidermen.
I really like the miles morales movies aswell.
And loved the animated series from my childhood.

My interest in the entire genre super-heroes is about how difficult they make it to recognize the real-life villains, who generally wear suits and claim to be good.

My interest in the entire genre super-heroes is about how difficult they make it to recognize the real-life villains, who generally wear suits and claim to be good.
People in suits are either going to a funeral, wedding or are there to make money.

People in suits are either going to a funeral, wedding or are there to make money.
The super-villains who are making billions of dollars are hard to tell from the other suit-wearers who are either socializing or EARNING money.

The super-villains who are making billions of dollars are hard to tell from the other suit-wearers who are either socializing or EARNING money.
Wearing a suit to socialize? What a strange way to feel comfortable. But to each their own.

I love Spider-Man. I think I like that he's always the underdog, always got so much going on in his personal life - it makes him more relatable than most other characters.

25-30 years ago, I used to collect Spider-Man graphic novels. I prefer that over individual comics because I can get the whole story at once without worrying about missing an issue, picking up the story late, waiting for the end, etc.

(I stopped reading comics when I started overanalyzing everything: "Why did Dr. Doom blab his plan before he was finished with it? That was dumb." "That evil genius's super computer could have solved so many other problems than just figuring out who Spider-Man is." "Spider-Man got gassed by this guy the exact same way last time. Why didn't he learn?" - I realized that maybe that meant that I'm too old for them.)

I liked all the Spider-Man movies and can't wait for third Spider-Verse movie. I can't even count how many times I've watched the first Spider-Verse movie (or just watched the "What's Up Danger" sequence because it gives me chills every single time).

New Threads

Top Bottom