• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone have this issue at night

Jenisautistic

V.I.P Member
I have an issue where I’m worn out and tired. I don’t have to go to bed. It is nowhere near time for me to go to bed but I am in pain that I have to lay down and I’m not sure what to do when I lay down in the bed, I tried to take my medicine around or should I go to bed but during the early night I can’t really should I by a chair or go on my computer to do some thing unless I’m laying down and using my iPad. then I either end up, sitting up, aggravating my pain on by a desk or laying down risking either falling asleep too early or just being restless in bed.

note, I am currently sitting down in my bed using the iPad and it is currently almost 9 PM my time so I might sound a little off or something

another thing is when you have some intention to do some thing whether it’s reading a book watching your show or just anything and then you map our time and you have the time but you are in too much physical pain or again to for any reason end up, not doing the thing that you wanted to do

and finally things that you need to do a pile up, no matter how hard you try because when you carve out time in late afternoon or early evening. You can’t do it as much as you want to and you are way too busy to do it earlier

Last edited:
I can understand what you’re talking about, Jen. When I am really too tired to be physically active, but not ready for sleeping, I can have a hard time occupying my time. I like to go on the forum, but spending too much time looking at it and writing things really aggravates a painful condition I have in my back and shoulder.

I think a comfortable chair is a really good idea. When I was struggling more with insomnia, I read about how it can help you sleep if you save your bed only for sleeping, and not for doing other activities like drawing, reading, or using a tablet/computer/phone.

When I had some extra money earlier this year, I bought a recliner chair and it is so awesome! it is really nice to be able to have a comfortable spot for downtime. Often I will listen to things during this time, like radio programs, podcasts, or sometimes I highlight peoples messages here and have my computer dictate them.

i know what you mean. i have a tv by my bed so that i can lay down and play games or watch movies, but sometimes i'll just put a long video on my phone and just listen to it.

also, i dont know what your schedule is, but i think 9pm is a perfectly fine time to lay down to sleep.

edit: you could also take a shower! i find showers very relaxing and then i'm definitely ready to lay down after.

New Threads

Top Bottom