• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone had success in getting rid of pigeons from yard?

unperson

V.I.P Member
It started with 2 digging around in the dead leafy bit of the back yard, not much grass, mostly dirt and dead leaves so no drama, but now it's progressed to 6-8 of em digging holes in the lawn front and back and my once reasonably smooth lawn is now very pitted.

I have been chasing them out for 2 weeks, bought a shiny fake owl, sprayed them with the hose and they still keep coming back.

Tried searching online but meh.

Any ideas?

It started with 2 digging around in the dead leafy bit of the back yard, not much grass, mostly dirt and dead leaves so no drama, but now it's progressed to 6-8 of em digging holes in the lawn front and back and my once reasonably smooth lawn is now very pitted.

I have been chasing them out for 2 weeks, bought a shiny fake owl, sprayed them with the hose and they still keep coming back.

Tried searching online but meh.

Any ideas?
Put up a bird table bird seed is cheap .

Start doing falconry? We used to have them in our barn, but I won't get into how we got rid of them here. I like pigeons, but you are right, they can be extremely tenacious and destructive. The bread in the neighbor's yard is definitely more practical.

Fuzzy creatures with fangs and claws.

I would like pigeons and just let them be and maybe get to know them a bit.

But whatever you do don't let Mike get wind of any harmful approach to control.

1255865.jpg

He's a massive pigeon enthusiast and started fighting when someone hurt a pigeon.

;)

why?

theyr'e not native pigeons, the native pigeons here are an attractive/pretty bird, not known for destructive habits. relentless coo-ing is their most annoying attribute.

So I crumbed up a slice of bread this morning and chucked it over the fence of the empty property next door. will pick up some cheap seed this week and strew it discretely over the road. Fingers crossed.

Well they were here this morning so I made a point of letting them see me chuck bread over the fence, they didn't seem to pick up on the 'food' thing when they didn't see me do it, so here's hopin.

Try placing something shiny at various places of your lawn. You could take pieces of cardboard and wrap it in some sort of reflective wrapping paper.

why?

theyr'e not native pigeons, the native pigeons here are an attractive/pretty bird, not known for destructive habits. relentless coo-ing is their most annoying attribute.

So I crumbed up a slice of bread this morning and chucked it over the fence of the empty property next door. will pick up some cheap seed this week and strew it discretely over the road. Fingers crossed.
pest is a selfish human term! because we are so arrogant as to believe that sentient !!!!beings are only !allowed !to exist ,at our childish whim ,the pigeons reproduce because they are survivors, hated for insane reasons,if humans cared about preserving the whole of the world instead of contemplating their navels we wouldn't have destruction

The house next door is empty, they're welcome to go there, no one will care. I'm even throwing food for them over the fence. If they're too stupid to figure out they need to go elsewhere...

Try placing something shiny at various places of your lawn. You could take pieces of cardboard and wrap it in some sort of reflective wrapping paper.

Bought a 3 pack of shiny fake owls to hang around the yard, it did nothing. they move in the breeze and all, but the flying vermin just gouge out my lawn with the shiny stuff waving all around them.

New Threads

Top Bottom