• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone Else Like HTML?

Please forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is HTML? There are some sites I visit where I can choose .txt or HTML to view an article. I always choose the latter since it's easier to read and is much easier to copy and paste into Word. I've also noticed that I'll receive messages from a friend that are in .txt, but I have the option of responding in the same format or HTML.
It's basically the most basic coding language used to create web pages.

Please forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is HTML? There are some sites I visit where I can choose .txt or HTML to view an article. I always choose the latter since it's easier to read and is much easier to copy and paste into Word. I've also noticed that I'll receive messages from a friend that are in .txt, but I have the option of responding in the same format or HTML.

HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language, it's basically the code used to create webpages.

A few years ago I taught myself basic HTML and created my own website, I'd post a link but the hosting on my site ran out years ago and I can't afford to renew it.

HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language, it's basically the code used to create webpages.

A few years ago I taught myself basic HTML and created my own website, I'd post a link but the hosting on my site ran out years ago and I can't afford to renew it.
What kind of website did you have?

Yeah, I help run a website. I'm still relatively new to HTML but I can put in now links, images and the like to keep the website up to date. It's quite fun.

I had my experience with HTML since high school in 1998 and helped an non profit organization to update their website. I did enjoy it.

I also took computer programming in high school and continue with computer programming in college.

While in college, I started to learning server side languages to render HTML. I enjoyed it as it taking things to a new level.

The hard part for me today is HTML 5 and having websites to work with mobile devices. I like how there frameworks like Bootstrap that takes cares of the mobile responsive so I can focus writing server side code.

Xbox fan site, and in 1998 I created a site using MS FrontPage with created wrestler formulas for WWF Warzone on the Playstation.
Been so long working with FrontPage.

Then MS makes Microsoft Expression Studio and end support for that.

It seems MS is focusing on VS as their tool to make websites.

HTML 5 is the current standard that allows for easy usage of multimedia.

Though in reality using a web publishing software such as WordPress (1/3rd of all websites use it) is the best way to go, because it makes everything so damn easy without actually having to code it by hand.
Though you can code by hand on them as well.

Though in reality using a web publishing software such as WordPress (1/3rd of all websites use it) is the best way to go, because it makes everything so damn easy without actually having to code it by hand.
It would all depends on the person requirements. But there are cases WordPress can meet people needs.

Then MS makes Microsoft Expression Studio and end support for that.
I hadn't kept up with what happened after MS bought it. MS totally changed expression from what it was originally and killed it off.
Pity innovative companies like Creature house/Fractal/Meta and their products die.
Well Painter still lives, but its not the same!

It would all depends on the person requirements. But there are cases WordPress can meet people needs.
A lot of major businesses, organizations and people use it over hand coding because it's easier and cheaper to do.

Very few companies actually code websites by hand unless they are offering a web product (which is only partly coded by hand).

In the mid to late 90s and beyond I did all coding by hand using Homesite involving HTML4, CSS, Java Script, DHTML, ASP, PHP, and MySQL. Of course Flash was a totally separate animal. And rarely had anything to do with Java. I had access to WYSIWYG programs like Dreamweaver and GoLive....but never used them. Always preferred to create content from the ground up.

I always though client-side development was easy. Server-side? Not so much. But then I always enjoyed the graphics end of the business much more in terms of creativity I suppose. Making unique, metaphorical website interfaces at the time.

Stopped working on websites back around 2007 though. Forced to move on to other things that took up most of my time back then.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom