• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anybody using Scrivener?

WhitewaterWoman

V.I.P Member
I am trying to use a trial version of Scrivener, a writing app, to see if it would be useful for my writing projects. I have gone over the tutorial, the manual, chatgpt and several free publications on the web.

Every new thing I try to do requires many, many minutes of searching and reading and false attempts.

I am trying to compare several different versions of a two paragraph essay I wrote. In order to do this, I am directed to take "snap shots." I take the snap shots per directions, but cannot "find" the saved snapshots. They don't show up in the snapshot manager.

Suggestions?

Thanks

I have never heard of Scrivener, so I unfortunately don’t have any advice :(
But for some reason the name Scrivener makes me think of Ebeneezer Scrooge lol

I don't know what that is. But I have ancestors with that surname.

Scrivener: Yiddish for Scribe

If it used Windows' built-in screenshot app, open:
  1. File Explorer,
  2. Pictures folder, then
  3. Screenshots folder.

I have been trying to learn Scrivener for many years. I know two people who really like it, but, perhaps because I am not good at organizing things, I can't imagine why it would be worth re-formatting everything to fit the available boxes. The last tip I got was to try using the corkboard, and some day when nothing else is using up my patience, I'll give it another day or so.

I am trying to compare several different versions of a two paragraph essay I wrote. In order to do this, I am directed to take "snap shots." I take the snap shots per directions, but cannot "find" the saved snapshots. They don't show up in the snapshot manager.

Suggestions?

Thanks
Here's a somewhat detailed explanation of taking snapshots in Scrivener. I could be wrong, but it seems to be independent of how operating systems save images (screenshots) to memory. Though when an image has been placed into memory in Windows, you can display it with the keys Cntrol+ V. But it wouldn't surprise me if in this case it won't materialize a snapshot of raw text.

But consider this:

"When you have taken snapshots of any documents in your project, Scrivener will change the icons slightly, by folding back the top right corner of the icon page. In addition, the camera icon in the Inspector will display a dot at its top right when you've selected a document with snapshots."

See if this link answers your questions:

Last edited:
Here's a somewhat detailed explanation of taking snapshots in Scrivener. I could be wrong, but it seems to be independent of how operating systems save images (screenshots) to memory. Though when an image has been placed into memory in Windows, you can display it with the keys Cntrol+ V. But it wouldn't surprise me if in this case it won't materialize a snapshot of raw text.

But consider this:

"When you have taken snapshots of any documents in your project, Scrivener will change the icons slightly, by folding back the top right corner of the icon page. In addition, the camera icon in the Inspector will display a dot at its top right when you've selected a document with snapshots."

See if this link answers your questions:

Thank you, Judge.

Snapshots in Scrivener are not the same as Windows screenshots.

It is 10:30 pm here now. My brain stops working about 8 pm. However, I did look over that link and it looks to be better than any other materials I’ve seen so far. Thank you.

New Threads

Top Bottom