• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any OpenBSD users

Mattymatt

Imperfectly Perfect
I have a special interest in OpenBSD. I am fascinated by the way it works and the security it provides. I am doing everything from running web servers to doing VPNs. I can get lost in the internals for hours at a time.

What is open bsb? The only thing I know about it is that it's a file extension related to 2D graphics. But from what you've mentioned it looks like it's more than that.

I used to use BSD but just stick with Linux now. BSD doesn't really have anything I need that can't already get from Linux.

I tried installing OpenBSD in a VM a few months ago. I think I had problems installing it.
The BSD system I know the most about it FreeBSD. And i know it enough to install a DE and give up when the Shell suddenly doesn't know where programs are located anymore.

##Update
I looked at it, and it seems that i only have problems with installing disks.
I will probably look into OpenBSD in the future.

Last edited:
I tried installing OpenBSD in a VM a few months ago. I think I had problems installing it.
The BSD system I know the most about it FreeBSD. And i know it enough to install a DE and give up when the Shell suddenly doesn't know where programs are located anymore.

##Update
I looked at it, and it seems that i only have problems with installing disks.
I will probably look into OpenBSD in the future.

What virtual environment are you using? VirtualBox or KVM/QEMU

What virtual environment are you using? VirtualBox or KVM/QEMU
I'm currently using VirtualBox. I have tried QEMU and it is installed but and never learned it to use it. Also i have gotten Xen like hypervisors to work and run VM's, but i have no equipment for that setup right now.

And for the problems i had with OpenBSD was that i had setup with GPT and probably missed a few configurations i should have done, it seems to work perfectly with MBR.

I'm currently using VirtualBox. I have tried QEMU and it is installed but and never learned it to use it. Also i have gotten Xen like hypervisors to work and run VM's, but i have no equipment for that setup right now.

And for the problems i had with OpenBSD was that i had setup with GPT and probably missed a few configurations i should have done, it seems to work perfectly with MBR.

GPT and UEFI are a gigantic kludge. I also had systemd with a passion.

New Threads

Top Bottom