• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any one else here obsessed with physics?

heh, when I was in college, computer science class, the prof was late so I got up and started teaching. He did not like that, but saw what I had written on the board, and the class liked it, so the next semester asked me to TA. That was cool as heck.

@Gerald Wilgus I'm curious what made you not like it any more?
The accelerator wars, pushing protons ever closer to c for even more violent collisions. Expensive considering other branches of physics starved for funding. We ceded high energy physics to CERN, but luckily we have control over GPS technology and lead in astronomy, though after we let Aricebo rot, China went and copied it. l tire of Americans thinking small.

Last edited:
even things like the Pauli exclusion principle make what looks like common sense once you see it. so obvious both ends of the Orbit must be like a guitar string. Cannot be longer than the wavelength.

add 1 to 99 what does it add to took him seconds. 1+ 100 +101, 2 + 99 = 101 he Saw the pattern instantly why being very bright matters.

Last edited:
add 1 to 99 what does it add to took him seconds.
I see, so what most others find simple arithmetic he still had to visualize in his head to do. So concepts that are difficult for most others are just the same process, and the (basically memorized and patterned) process of standard arithmetic was just not his thing. Is that the implication?

The accelerator wars, pushing protons ever closer to c for even more violent collisions. Expensive considering other branches of physics starved for funding. We ceded high energy physics to CERN, but luckily we have control over GPS technology and lead in astronomy, though after we let Aricebo rot, China went and copied it. l tire of Americans thinking small.
Got a point they abandoned the super collider, Made me realize I had made the right decision of going to college rather than university.

Spending all that time getting a doctorate and then no position would have really sucked.one of my work mates just before I retired a woman in her thirties, was pissed as she has a master's in physics. I became her mentor for the painting industry. She is still there.

Starting to get a bit interested in steven Wolfram's theories all these old guys my age have dropped the ball.
No movement for years for me my philosophy has been watch the outlier's people and theories.

Wish I were up to discussing. I'm in a time out. Today has been rough.

I went to the beach yesterday. long walk 4km, had to lay down for a few minutes low blood sugar wife had brought sugar free drink and sugar free wafers. feel good today. next time we bring at least a chocolate bar.

I went to the beach yesterday. long walk 4km, had to lay down for a few minutes low blood sugar wife had brought sugar free drink and sugar free wafers. feel good today. next time we bring at least a chocolate bar.
that is awesome. I love walking beach, once I lost boots and found a better pair for US$5 at Goodwill.
Also got in a fight w/ my wife because I got lost on vacation and was walking home and passed it. But :)
Now my back is very messed up so I can stumble around.

I had to build myself up to do this walk. not eating before we left not hungry and then bringing zero sugar drinks and snacks was not a good idea. not heat stroke and dehydration was not the issue until I almost fainted. Happy that I can walk distance now.

Oh yeah, definitely it is important to have fuel. I did some hiking back in the day so now if I do it is second nature. I usually just make up my own trail mix (dry my own fruits).

Same I like Physics, but mostly with my own fictional version(s), I like things moving, and also chemistry to supplement it.

Watching a utube video by Leonard Suskind on black holes. like him a real original thinker I like his hologram hypothesis on black holes.

Looks like he's got some good videos. About to get lunch, perhaps I'll eat to one of them.

Watching this one while I eat. Still only on Greene, for a nice overview for context for the Q/A session.

New Threads

Top Bottom