• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any good self-help Autism books, so I can learn more about myself?

Trauma, Stigma and Autism.
Drinking, Drug Use and Addiction in the Autism Community (if that's been an issue for you)

There's a couple of general self-help books people have recommended to me:

Waking the Tiger - Healing Trauma
The Heartfulness Way
Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself

Ed

The best self help book is right here on the forums. All the self help books I have encountered (I'm sure there are exceptions) appear to be written by "experts" who are not autistic themselves. They had no idea what being autistic is really like, and seemed to be geared toward either teaching how to mask and be somebody else to blend in, or curing the autism. Very little, if any, about how to actually deal with autism while being yourself.

Cynthia Kim writes well and is autistic herself.
She is worth looking at as an author - I have 2 of her books.

New Threads

Top Bottom