• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any Good Online Colleges for Computer Science?

lilcrybabytears

I thought IT would be a good career path for me but I hate it so far. I'm getting my AAS in IT next semester and should graduate with a 4.0 GPA. I want to switch to computer science with an emphasis on software engineering. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Off the top of my head? Not a clue. I attended a brick-and-mortar vocational school to learn website design in the late 90s.

Though if I had the same question, I'd probably begin with various websites that rank such institutions. Of course such rankings will likely vary from one source to another for any variety of reasons. At least this can provide you with some perspective to start such a search.

https://www.usnews.com/education/online-education/computer-science-bachelors-degree

2018 Best Online Bachelor's in Computer Science Degrees

The Best Online Bachelor's in Computer Science Programs

Last edited:
You could explore DevOps, since IT (especially Sysadmin) is headed more towards software and rapid feedback among different roles within a team/company.

What languages are your learning? What tools do you know how to use? What OS interests you the most?

I would highly recommend GitHub and make a portfolio of the programs you have written so you can show it to a prospective employer.

New Threads

Top Bottom